Xbox and PoS2 - $199, PoS1 - $49

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by Lomotil, May 15, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Fuck it... Might actually break down and get 'em now...

2. Disorder

Disorder New Member

what? no GameCube yet? they're about half as much as the xbox is over here and some of the games look pretty good.

i think sony did a bad thing by releasing the ps2 early to get more sales and i dont think it will match up to the other two in terms of performance, unless they either do another revision (for free of course) or an add-on type upgrade (also for free)

they're pretty much stuck with it now, its capabilities are there.. somewhere.. but i dont think game manufacturers got the full objects/textures/chrome effects 'manual' from sony and will probably have to figure it out for themselves. i mean, GT3 and GTA3 ARE good games, but where are the really jaw-dropping effects we were promised? oh sure a bit of fog and an odd lens flare might look good, but we had that with PC's ages ago. GTA3 is even coming out on the PC, so i assume that it will look/play a bit better like a lot of other console>pc ports.

what GT and GTA do have is GAMEPLAY, and that surely is the only thing that makes a game worthwhile? i'd crack out 'pong' any day of the week for my fix of rapid paddle sliding, 'square' balls and BLEEP-BLOOP in full dolby digital.

*sigh* the good (or bad) old days.....

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Fuckin' A... Gameplay makes a game.

But poor quality control kills a system... *Coughs* SONY *Coughs*

4. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Friar Bitchicus Slapiticus:
    Fuckin' A... Gameplay makes a game.

But poor quality control kills a system... *Coughs* SONY *Coughs*
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got take it with a grain of salt dude...

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

6. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member