"Xbox-addicted" runaway found dead

Discussion in 'Games' started by nolo451, Nov 6, 2008.

1. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I read that on Fox, but it didnt say what he died from, was it exposure? Or did he die in a wicked corn incident involving crop circles.

I know that 'signs' movie creeped me out.....

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Over a stupid XBox game how sad is that.

My theory since they do not suspect foul play either exposure from cold or the kid had low blood sugar and after a while became delirious. Probably wanted to go home but could not manage it.

Once again very sad very stupid. If I were the parent I would be freaking out start reading the Unabomber manifesto and become a Mennonite.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Wow. I bet his dad feels like an asshole. He helped him pack his bag and let him leave.

That's pretty sad. He looked like a cute kid.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Yeah? Well... Cute doesn't cut it when you're seducing the elements.

So... some kid died because he didn't pack his thermal underwear for his rebellious runaway mission. Not my fucking problem, nor my concern.

I may come off as a cold, heartless, conceited bastard when I say that, but it's the truth. Survival of the fittest. I sleep soundly knowing that people this stupid will never be given the opportunity to reproduce.

I don't care how cute he looks in that "Valedictorian" pose he took at the ripe old age of 13, he obviously wasn't bright enough to pack his bags to survive the climate he knew he'd be faced with. Maybe if his dad had bought him a copy of Rogue Spear (set in an arctic environment much like his own backyard during the winter) instead of Call of Duty, he wouldn't have died of hypothermia.

6. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

^ what he said.

7. Fernando

Fernando Member

Is it too early to say he got fragged?

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Fridged ;)

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Coming from someone who wrecked their vehicle while drunk, I don't think you have much room to talk, Lomo. That is a pretty assholish thing to say. He was a kid. A kid whose dad helped him pack his bag thinking that he wasn't serious about leaving. A kid who probably was so stubborn that he didn't want to go back home and let his parent's win.

Who knows what the circumstances were? Maybe there was more to the story than what we were told? We could have got the "light" version of the story. It might have not just been about the x-box. I honestly doubt that kid was thinking that he was going to survive in the woods on what little he had.

It's easy to say what you would do when you haven't been in that situation at 15 years old. I don't know how you can sleep at all with yourself with that pompous-ass attitude. Must be the booze.

You're all dicks if you think that kid deserved to die.

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I think the police should be investigating the parents big time.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I still dont understand how there is a cornfield in canada at this time of year. video game addicts arent rational, they dont like the 'real' world and use their alter ego to be whom they want to be in real life. This kid was probably trying to get to a friends house. There is no telling what all had gone on in the house before, but I can guarantee this, that kids dad feels worse than any of us could imagine.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Pukey you have to find the truth behind what people say and when it comes to issues like that some people express themselves in such a manner as a way of isolating reality from emotion. Ask Phat what a crispy critter is. In some scenario's a cold hard look at reality is needed. I feel a bit sorry for the kid but I feel more sorry for the dad. For the dad the pain will go on forever.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I still think the kid's the real loser here. I hear Rogue Spear is a pretty good game...

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

You should shoot his dad an eMail and ask him what he wants for the XBox.

Sorry, I'm going to hell for that.

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Wouldn't that be like buying a gun with some blood on it?

Fuck it, man... You're not going to hell for that comment... His daddy, perhaps, for not buying him that fucking game (or whomever gave that little bastard the "infinite health" cheat code for whatever the fuck game he was playing,) ...but someone asking if they can help with the funeral costs and at the same time, remove from the house the punching bag blamed for the kid's death - St. Peter would smile upon that sort of selflessness.

But only if the damn thing was priced reasonable. Like I said, it's stained. ;)

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Me personally, if it were my kid, and I lived in CANADA, hell, even here, if my kid got that 'addicted' to a game. I would take it away and then do something with him. I dont 'argue' with my kids. Its not a democracy.

My kids are pretty good. The only thing they are addicted to is making messes. I do think I got my 8 year old hooked on the History Channel......

Meanwhile back at the funeral......

"hey, uh, do you mind if I get that xbox from you? I mean you know, unless you want to keep it...."

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

What if that kid were being abused? We've only heard the father's side of the story.

Has the cause of death ever been determined?

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

right now as we post there is some kid somewhere being abused and people know very well its happening. I do not even want to think of it Pukey. Just makes me mad as hell. My intuition tells me this is no abuse case though.

19. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Joe's right. This is fucking reality. Even if we required people to earn a license before they could breed (a notion I completely support), they'd still do it.

As far as the topic goes, though, this could be a cut-and-dry case of some Canadian Father trying to play the Poppa role... While "Prince of Persia" might have appealed to him as a learning tool to teach his child "trial and error" - he should've noticed his kid's predilection towards first-person shooters, and taught him to shoot a gu.................. oh, fuck, that doesn't work.

I forgot - this kid is living in Kanada. Don't worry, people, we'll see the same sort of gun laws here soon enough - hell, pretty soon we won't even be able to pick our nose without flicking our boogers towards those whom are without boogers of their own. :rolleyes:

20. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

What do guns have to do with anything?