Worlds Smallest Political Quiz

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, Jan 29, 2006.

1. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

I was going for a Slowpoke Rodrigue, cousin to Speedy, kinda of voice.

2. diogenes

diogenes New Member

I still think you just came out of the closet.

3. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

Dio wrote
    But they are in the benefit of the general good. Breaking down language barriers creates uniformity, and efficiency follows.
    I write
    Maybe efficiency, maybe not. Since we are giong to have quarrels between tribes and nations anyway, we might just admit the need for multilingual existence.
    Dio wrote
    People bitch about losing there individuality. I don't care about your individuality, that's your problem to maintain. You enjoy the benefits of society, therefore you should contribute where you can, and be an individual in addition to that
    I write
    But we will have it anyway. These problems are societal as well.

4. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

If I were as smart as you, I'd come up with a good joke about how you took it in the ass in some bath houses.

5. diogenes

diogenes New Member

something along the lines of "So 2 fugly members walk into a Roman Bath house..."

Doesn't sit that well with me, but if I come up with anything good I'll let you know.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Its all about communication skills you got to adjust for your target audience.

7. diogenes

diogenes New Member

XerxesX said...

Yeah, but if they are going to quarrel wouldn't it be productive for them to at least do it in the same language. It seems quite foolish to me to have the solution to an argument be to speak different languages so that neither particapant understands the other.

XerxesX said...

I'm really trying to understand what the hell your talking about, but I'm just not seeing it. What is this mysterious it you refer to. I'm assuming that you're refering to individuality in relation to society and the social constructs of language. Are you actually arguing the point that it might be less productive to have everyone on the same page language wise?

8. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

Yes less productive monolingual. I think languages are different and shape consciousnes a bitty bit fidderently. Some languages have now word for war or theft ar property :D

One languages forte can produce something to be refined in another language.

Look at how words refering to "black" ( english ) "negro" ( spanish ) has led to a dark and unclear connotation. While the palest swooning innocence clearly has a concience as white as snow :p

Black is evil. White is weak. Christians let their daughters become whores.
    Arabs kill their daughters. Pigs are smart and sensitive animals that like to stay clean. They allso have a tendency to eat their young. You pig !