Why every home should have a weapon

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, Feb 15, 2009.

1. RedMist

RedMist New Member

In Ohio to carry a concealed weapon we need a permit. To answer another member, I have my eyes on the Glock 22 in .40 cal. Its easy to conceal even with shorts and a T-shirt. Shoulder holsters are nice in the winter when your wearing a jacket, but during the summer you want a hip holster. I may look at the compact pistols so long as my hands arent too large to hold it. I stand 6' 8" and I have large hands. The standard Glock 22 may be my choice of sidearm.

In case anyone wonders why someone as tall as me needs a gun? Well my billy club doesnt shoot bullets. So I want the added protection of 18 rounds of 170 gr. JHP to fend myself!

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I wonder how the 2nd Amendment would stand up in overriding the state's requirement?

It seems that if it is literally interpreted - it entitles everyone with the right to bear arms.

"Bear" = transitive verb - "to be equipped or furnished with"

or
    — "bear arms" = "to carry or possess arms"

Selected relevant definitions, according to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary.

I can't wait until someone has enough financial resources and the balls to challenge a state when it comes their lack of power in what the authoritative doctrine defines and guarantees a citizen's rights to be.