Why am I so angry, Barry?

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by smurfslappa, Oct 24, 2006.

1. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

My office isn't big enough for the both of us Dwaine.

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

When a "perfectly normal" person takes Depakote, They get fat, bald, tired, confused, uninterested in sex, unable to hold their liquor and everything gives them heartburn and/or the runs. Add Zyprexa to that, and they Sleep all day and drool on their pillow.

If you were in a State Psyvchiatric Hospital under a family committment, you do not quailfy as a "perfectly normal person", however. In the case of a person experiencing a manic episode, they usually get better after a few weeks. The problem is they don't want to sleep. Sleep is what they need, but they resist it as a "bad side effect" of the medicine. They have been going wide open for weeks, and they think that needing 8 hours of sleep a night is the equivilent of "being a Zombie."

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

The most common thing I have found about crazy people is that they never think anything is wrong with them. It is always everyone else that is "messed up."

Beaten why for? Can't take much more.

Here we go...Here we go...Here we go

One - Nothing wrong with me.
    Two - Nothing wrong with me.
    Three - Nothing wrong with me.
    Four - Nothing wrong with me.

One - Something's got to give.
    Two - Something's got to give.
    Three - Something's got to give.

Now
    Let the bodies hit the floor.

4. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Where did i suggest for one moment that those other people were 'messed up' or crazy? I said i was better grounded now than most people i meet. Quite different things to anyone who read my post with a genuine interest in the facts and not just looking for a fast, easy way to discredit me. Pretty low Barry. And anyway, seeing as it's not just me who believes it, with people i know having told me that i am one of the most consistant, grounded people they've met, i suppose you are going to tell me that they are 'messed up'. Pretty much like you do about everybody anyway. Maybe you should look a bit closer to home for the crazy who constantly believes it is everybody else who is 'messed up'.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I got grounded once, for wearing my new shoes after christmas and getting them muddy.

I dont understand the concept of grounded, as in reality, and not being on restriction.

Would you say you dont have coping mechanisms for dealing with stressful/emotional situations, or just that you are indifferent to whatever happens?

I saw a HBO special on a guy called the 'ice man', who was a hit man for the mafia, back in the 70 and 80s. Really bad guy. I cant remember which mental defect he had, but it was essentially the fact that he didnt have normal emotional activity like caring and remorse.

One section talked about how he filmed the people he killed, and then gave the tapes to whomever hired him for the job. Including him tying people up in a storm drain and just letting rats eat on them until they were dead.

Would that be grounded?

6. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

What!? Umm, no.:? Grounded as in 'earthed'...or stable. Not likely to go 'floating off with the fairies'. Any other glaring misconceptions anyone would like me to clear up?

Same word, different slant in the meaning.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

So just not crazy is grounded.

8. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

"Just not crazy" ? How did you get that from what i said? If anything, i'd go a bit further and say it means 'sane'. But it isn't quite that simple either, otherwise i would have just said that people have told me i'm one of the most "not crazy" (or rather - sane) people they have come across. But the area in emphasis is more the fact that i'm better anchored in myself and less easily swayed by others' opinions than average due to having learnt so much about myself as a result of the particular trials life dealt me. Once you have pushed your mind to the outer limits, to the point of nearly losing it, you are better equipped to know the difference between what is sane or real and what isn't once you regain your equilibrium than someone who doesn't have anything tangible to compare their experience of 'normality' with. Who is better able to tell the difference between what is light and dark or hot and cold than someone who has first hand experience of both ends of the spectrum? I've 'been there - done that', and don't intend to go there again. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have such a clear idea of which way not to go as me. I wouldn't like to see anyone else have to learn the hard way though, because not everyone would be lucky enough to come back to tell the tale. So if i can help steer anyone onto the right track in life, i'll be pleased.

9. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Yup, Nursey pretty much sums it up. I'm looking for my equilibrium. Everyone else seems to have theirs, why can't I? :cry:

10. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Not from what i can tell. And i think the answer is probably down to whether you really want it or not (and what exactly you think it is).

I might be wrong here, but i think it's possible you may have more control over you experiences than you either realise or are willing to admit. For example, how much of what you've experienced might be due to wishful thinking? If the frustration for something that is desired but can't be realised becomes overwhelming, rather than come to terms with that, it is possible someone might construct sometimes quite complex scenarios to make it appear what is desired actually exists 100%.
    Try not to get too carried away with things. It's one thing to be open minded and explore all sorts of possibilities, another to try to fully realise things that are beyond our ability to know with any real certainty. Identify which areas of your experience are tried and tested solid ground and which areas are tenuous or shakey. I don't mean to sound condescending, but you are still to reap many benefits that come with age, so be patient. When i compare what i know today with what i knew 15 years ago, i realise that although i definately had the right idea about lots of the most important things, i was still lacking the experience to have a full grasp of what some of that stuff fully entails. But other stuff was pretty far off the rails, but everyone makes mistakes, particularly at a young age.
    One thing which could be of benefit (on all levels) is this. It would give a constructive direction to channel your energy with many positive, tangible returns. I wouldn't recommend just any martial art though, i believe the 'budo' ones which have a basic buddhist philosophy (yin and yang) at their root are the most balanced, but also sophisticated and highly effective fighting techniques. The combination of excercise and mastering of impressive techniques coupled with the basic philosophy, breathing/meditation and shiatsu massage which is taught would do wonders for your equilibrium.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Smurf after reading this series of posts I have to say I'm really concerned about you. I wish I knew the best advice to give you I hope all works out well with your job and all working at a hospital with the medical benefits may be a really good move. From your stories I cannot figure out if your classmates are all aware of your predicament and just setting back to watch maybe try to push you over the edge and enjoy the show. Or your imagination which by the way seems to be running wild is creating these conclusions. I hope you take Barry’s advice and seek some help. If not for yourself which is the best reason then choose the second reason. I do not want to see you melt down totally on this forum. It sounds like you need some good rest, time spent with people you know care about you and you trust like family. And the advice of a good professional trained on observing psychological issues. I think the idea that your worried is actually a good sign you have at least a partial grip on reality.

Good luck my friend.

12. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Joe,

Smurf does not have a job at the State Hospital. He was committed to the State Hospital by his parents, and he formed a delusion that he was in "job orientation" with his "classmates" during group therapy.

I hope he gets help soon. I am fearful of an unhappy ending to this thread.

Barry

13. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

If as Barry says it has reached that stage, and it does appear to be a distinct possibility, trust your family and take the medication. Hope it works out for you, smurf.

14. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

I'll be alright. It's not what it sounds... Happy endings for everyone, I hope. What happens next is out of my hands. Nursey knows where I'm coming from. Wish everyone else could tune in.

15. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Smurf, I don't think that everything that you are seeing and feeling is not real. All I am saying is that I believe there is a thin veil between being enlightened and being delusional. You just seem to have pierced the veil.

Stay safe.

Remember, the voice that tells you to hurt yourself or somebody else is never your friend. That voice is ALWAYS evil.

I

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

17. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Yeah ok. It wasn't the best explanation.

18. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I HOPE YOU CAN HEAR ME SCREAMING SMURF.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IS NOT OUT OF YOUR HANDS.

You absoulutely must take care of your own self. The way to do it is this - Find oneperson that you can trust. (Probably your Mother or Father.) They have no motivation to hurt you.

Then, do EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAY for the next three months.

You will be very glad. I promise.

19. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Smurf,

Do you have any history of substance abuse?

20. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

You mean it's not my friend like it says it is? It only wants to destroy others for its own nefarious purposes? Damn, and I thought I had my ticket to Heaven stashed away.