We need

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by Nauseous, May 23, 2007.

1. Fugly

Fugly Administrator Staff Member Fugly Staff

Added.

2. Fugly

If you want to try and figure out how that can be accomplished, I'm all for it.

3. Fugly

I added a Dating section too and am still open to the news section.

How about this. Please post links to your favorite news sites. I can add their RSS feeds as posts to a news section and so you can combine them all into one place here. How's that?

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Surely it cannot be that hard. I do not think there is anything out there like it. (a "voice bucket")

A Fugly innovation!

Use it in a forum type format requiring the a small file size limit forces the comments to be short and pithy. You could have where a person could implant a voice comment into a regular text thread.

As well as a chaotic all sound thread. It would be interesting to say the least I don't know about bandwith and file size being an issue but you could keep the thread archive where it falls off after say a week or month.

Also there may be a huge commercial value if you put it out there as a public "Fugly audio bucket"

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Sounds scary....!!

7. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Sure. so how would you make it happen, technically?

8. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

If you got something to say joe throw it on putfile and if we want to hear it we will click it.

9. Fugly

You're in my base. Killin' my dudes.

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You could approach the issue like that of a game server minus the game. Have the users install a client on their system that simply opens a forum type interface that any old cheep computer would be fine with no big graphics or anything like that. I'm not real big on that either but the out put audio and what not would be available to anyone who went to the web page you would just need the client installed. ...... Nah that sucks really scratch that.

Yeah Grim but that’s really an overly simplistic approach to what I'm talking about. While it addresses part of the issue it does not address the whole issue.

Take any other similar site including for instance you tube. It only addresses a fraction of the internet audience with regards to participation.

Think how many people have a computer + a sound card + a mic. The idea would be that those three would be all that they need. ... well and the internet of course.

Of course there are all sorts of different communication apps like team speak for instance. But you would need to have it setup like a stripped down game server type environment. Which could be cool to do and maybe even be popular but not what I had in mind either.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

12. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Sounds good man. Put that all together and I'll install it here for you.

13. improtected

improtected New Member

spirituality/religion section?

anything from the bible thumpers to the hare krishna, sweat lodges to the peaceful jews, the shaman to jainists to anything else, there are so many.

14. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

what about us Neodarwinists, and Iconoclasts who make you doubt your belif structure?

15. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

We have the GENERAL MAYHEM section. Same thing.

If we do get a religion section, I vote you as moderator.

16. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

fuck that bullshit, I want ot be the moderator of that forum

17. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

You are disqualified because 'ya daddy is a preacher. You probably will end up being one of the Franklin Graham types. Act all rebellious for a while, have a prodigal son conversion, and then take over daddy's ministry when he retires.

Oh, and Harlan found the lost video from your 13th birthday party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNLuoaB2AXg&mode=related&search=

18. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Make mod of the god board

19. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think we need and automotive thread too. Not that it would get a lot of traffic, but we could get everyone to post pics of their rides, and then make fun of them.

20. improtected

improtected New Member

my temper is too bad - i might delete the forum, i mean my kid might