We need

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by Nauseous, May 23, 2007.

1. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Are you saying you have irratible bowel syndrome or inflammatory bowel syndrome? Both have IBS as initials.

inflammatory bowel syndrome:
    http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic106.htm

irratable bowel syndrome (much more common not as dangerous):
    http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic1190.htm

2. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Okay Joeslogic rightly pointed out that yogurt has been found to be beneficial in both GERD and IBS provided it has live strains of the right kind of bacteria. This does not mean in my opinion it can substitute for other treatments if lack of precancerous changes aren't confirmed with a scope for example in the case of reflux. Here is my reply to his PM in case anyone was misled or cares enough to read it:

It is true that once someone develops a medical condition often times they become more knowledgeable about it than the "doctors". It is true that yogurt offers beneficial effects for inflammatroy bowel disease and GERD. I am not claiming to be a gastroenterologist. I am a medical intern and when I stated the word doctor I meant a gastroenterologist or at least a knowledgeable primary care physician who has completed a residence and has dealt with a significant number of pts with this problem. As such anything I say should be confirmed with your doctor. Having said that with GERD even without symptoms it is recommended that esophagogastroduodenoscopy be performed to rule out the possiblility of precancerous changes in the esophagus consistent with Barrett esophagitis. If I were you I would not be comfortable with just alleviated symptoms without confirming the absence of changes with a scope. It is possible that yogurt and some other med like a proton pump inhibiter or H2 blocker would work or it is possible that you don't have changes in your esophagus consistent with Barretts esophagitis. If it turns out that you do have changes and they are severe enough and medical therapy has failed then a Nissen fundoplication surgery is effective in most cases and given the risk of cancer should be performed. Here is a link to a reputable site from advocating trying to use "probiotics" or yougurt.

3. Michelle

Michelle New Member

4. Michelle

Michelle New Member

5. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Does the vertigo begin after you move your head?

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im so glad I am on the FIFO system. I eat, I poop. I dont eat, I dont Poop.

Of course I drink a lot of draft beer I could shoot poop through a keyhole at 100 yards.... :-\

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'll scan last years blood work and post it. I haven't had any done this year.

I do eat yogurt almost daily but only one kind. Horizon. They are the only ones that don't put gelatin in it. I don't eat gelatin.

http://www.horizonorganic.com/products/yogurt/index.html

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I was given this stuff called Levsin some 10 years back and it worked great. I was bad off. I lost 10 pounds because I couldn't eat anything. I lived on baby food for weeks. It sucked.

I can get dizzy sitting perfectly still. Sometimes it feels like my head is going to roll off of my shoulders.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

How did they figure out it was the Gatorade?

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

10. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Nauseous,

check this link and get the blood work done, and follow the eating plan, this very simple diet plan helped me alot. Also pedialite(sp?) is far better to drink that gatorade.

Link:http://www.immogenics.com/pagify.php?lang=english&page=novo_science

I have never felt better, had so much energy, and just generally all well being, I can't even remember the last time I was sick.

It's worth a shot.

All the best,

Checkers

11. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Check the Pedialyte expiration date before you stockpile it, though. I seem to remember it having a short shelf life.

12. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

You have to drink it within 48 hours of opening it.

13. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I was thinking that even unopened it wouldn't last long. I used to try to have it on hand for my kids but it would "expire" before it came into play. It was just a consipracy to make me buy more.

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Thanks, but I'm in the US. Not sure that would work for me.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Pedialyte tastes terrible.

Strawberry Gatorade is yummy.

I don't drink enough liquids as it is. I need to start pounding water again. I drink Cleveland (bottled) tap water and it is delicious. Aquafina is disgusting. Tastes metallic. Fiji.. artesian well water... blaugh. I hate spring waters too. Dasani is okay, Nestle is okay, but Kroger drinking water for 69 cents a gallon is far better than any bottled water out there.

The Food channel did an episode on water and pretty much all of your bottled water is actually coming from a tap.

16. Michelle

Michelle New Member

"Small Caliber stools" can be a sign of colon cancer usually more proximal to the rectum.

17. Michelle

Michelle New Member

18. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

There are doctors in the US that offer the service here is the link: http://www.immogenics.com/pagify.php?lang=worldwide&page=flags
    scroll down to the US section. I honestly could not believe the difference it made for me.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Checkers

19. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im not sure what 'calibre' it is, but it would probably be no calibre.

20. Michelle

Michelle New Member

It means if you are shitting long string like shits it's probably from an obstruction and alot of times obstruction can mean colon cancer and if that's what you are saying you probably need a colonoscopy. Read the link below my first post.