To Bully the scientific community to validate bugus theory

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, May 31, 2006.

1. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

Thatcher said of Tony Blair ( A social democrat ) , that he was her "finest achievement". Politics move in dialectics and wether focus be leftist or rightis a lot isw done if the discourse can be kept civil and a proper debate led.

I really liked those few real debates the candidates had in the circus last time. That comercial electoral crap takes away information and gives a confusing mix of slander and sleazy frar-play. Wether the fear be that of sinking into poverty, or that of a crininal tidewave. All same !

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

So now the Arctic is a mystical live creature that lives and breaths and the reason we are getting cooler now (three record months now of cooler temperatures) is simply because "the Arctic is fighting back"

What a delusional bunch of fucktards.

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

4. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

5. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Indeed. There are asshole self-proclaimed Christians, just like there are asshole-(fill in the blank) anywhere else. Maybe ass-holiness is our common ground. Anyway all generalizations are wrong.

Yes, I know I was being ironic. It's the vodka typing.

6. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Well, seeing as Dwaine's posts are primarily in response to Joeslogic who has some of the most fucked up, nasty, generalising opinions on the board, maybe it's him you should start directing your pleas for clemency towards? Unless you think he's correct in his views, in which case you deserve to be lumped together.

7. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Joeslogic is one of my alter egos Nursey.

I would have thought that you would have figured it out.

Now give me a warm hug.

Barry

8. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Well, it did cross my mind when he first joined (and frequently since) as a matter of fact. Afterall, it was when you decided to stop most of your posts in the serious topics (due to our heated debates) that 'Joeslogic' appeared. But i decided it would take too much skill to consistantly keep up the disjointed, lobotomy-style mental processes that are evident from his syntax. But then, you do have that psychotic streak of yours to tune in to, i could imagine you getting completely into character, so you probably aren't joking.
    Keep the hell away from me, you demented nutjob! :|

9. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Nah, Joe's for real. I have actually talked to him on the phone. He seems fairly normal by American standards.

I stopped posting as much in the Cold Sober forum because it was not fun. I have taken a vow of de-stressing, and it seems to be working.

So, when do I get to actually talk to you as a live person? I installed SKYPE on my work computer. Any chance I could ring you up on Dec 31st and wish you a Happy New Year?

10. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

No. Go away. I don't live here anymore.

11. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

:wink: OK.

'til tomorrow.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You should start seeing less of me Nursey.

If all goes as planned I will just troll around everyonce in a while to antagonize you.

I do not know where you got the idea that your own shit does not stink though.

13. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Everyone's shit stinks, Joe. It's the ammonic, nostril burning vapours yours gives off which i object to.

14. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

The fact that Joe posted this link at exactly the time the Alabama vs Auburn game kicked off proves that I am not Joe.

No Alabama fan would dare fail to participate in the high holy day in Dixie.

15. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

16. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Holy Shit the Antarctic ice sheet is growing according to the latest studies over this past decade.

I guess this means they will have to remove that kids cartoon movie "Ice Age" to reflect the truth instead of a moral to the story that is based on a false premise.

Reference
    Wingham, D.J., Shepherd, A., Muir, A. and Marshall, G.J. 2006. Mass balance of the Antarctic ice sheet. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 364: 1627-1635.
    What was done
    The authors "analyzed 1.2 x 108 European remote sensing satellite altimeter echoes to determine the changes in volume of the Antarctic ice sheet from 1992 to 2003." This survey, in their words, "covers 85% of the East Antarctic ice sheet and 51% of the West Antarctic ice sheet," which together comprise "72% of the grounded ice sheet.""

What was learned
    Wingham et al. report that "overall, the data, corrected for isostatic rebound, show the ice sheet growing at 5 ± 1 mm year-1." To calculate the ice sheet's change in mass, however, "requires knowledge of the density at which the volume changes have occurred," and when the researchers' best estimates of regional differences in this parameter are used, they find that "72% of the Antarctic ice sheet is gaining 27 ± 29 Gt year-1, a sink of ocean mass sufficient to lower [authors' italics] global sea levels by 0.08 mm year-1." This net extraction of water from the global ocean, according to Wingham et al., occurs because "mass gains from accumulating snow, particularly on the Antarctic Peninsula and within East Antarctica, exceed the ice dynamic mass loss from West Antarctica."

What it means
    Contrary to all the horror stories one hears about global warming-induced mass wastage of the Antarctic ice sheet leading to rising sea levels that gobble up coastal lowlands worldwide, the most recent decade of pertinent real-world data suggest that forces leading to just the opposite effect are apparently prevailing, even in the face of what climate alarmists typically describe as the greatest warming of the world in the past two millennia or more.

17. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The arctic deep freeze trapping Calgary is on track to break a 110-year-old weather record today

With a forecast low of -31C today, Calgary could break the -27C record set on this day in 1896.

But factoring in the wind chill, it will feel even colder to people who have to brave the elements, said Environment Canada meteorologist Ross Macdonald.

"I wouldn't break out the shorts and go sunbathing right now," he joked.

"Bundle up."

The recent frigid weather is a far cry from the city's average late-November temperatures.

Macdonald said the normal daytime high at this time of year is 0C, with a low of -11C.

"The last time it was really this cold in November was about 10 years ago," he said.

"We've hit rock bottom."

It's even been too frosty to ski, with Canada Olympic Park shutting the hill yesterday in the name of safety.

Spokesman Chris Dornan said, to his knowledge, it's the first year the weather has forced a November closure.

"It's normally in January or February," he said.

Meanwhile, blowing snow likely contributed to a crash near Sylvan Lake yesterday that claimed the life of a 42-year-old motorist.

And the icy snap has the Calgary Humane Society scrambling to respond to an avalanche of calls from residents concerned about distressed animals, said spokeswoman Cheryl Wallach.

"The Calgary Humane Society is calling on all Calgary pet owners to use common sense and not leave animals outside without adequate shelter," she said.

The frigid weather is expected to improve by Thursday, with a predicted high of -7C.

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Cow 'emissions' more damaging to planet than CO2 from cars

Cow 'emissions' more damaging to planet than CO2 from cars
    By Geoffrey Lean, Environment Editor
    Published: 10 December 2006
    Meet the world's top destroyer of the environment. It is not the car, or the plane,or even George Bush: it is the cow.

A United Nations report has identified the world's rapidly growing herds of cattle as the greatest threat to the climate, forests and wildlife. And they are blamed for a host of other environmental crimes, from acid rain to the introduction of alien species, from producing deserts to creating dead zones in the oceans, from poisoning rivers and drinking water to destroying coral reefs.

The 400-page report by the Food and Agricultural Organisation, entitled Livestock's Long Shadow, also surveys the damage done by sheep, chickens, pigs and goats. But in almost every case, the world's 1.5 billion cattle are most to blame. Livestock are responsible for 18 per cent of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, more than cars, planes and all other forms of transport put together.

Burning fuel to produce fertiliser to grow feed, to produce meat and to transport it - and clearing vegetation for grazing - produces 9 per cent of all emissions of carbon dioxide, the most common greenhouse gas. And their wind and manure emit more than one third of emissions of another, methane, which warms the world 20 times faster than carbon dioxide.

Livestock also produces more than 100 other polluting gases, including more than two-thirds of the world's emissions of ammonia, one of the main causes of acid rain.

Ranching, the report adds, is "the major driver of deforestation" worldwide, and overgrazing is turning a fifth of all pastures and ranges into desert.Cows also soak up vast amounts of water: it takes a staggering 990 litres of water to produce one litre of milk.

Wastes from feedlots and fertilisers used to grow their feed overnourish water, causing weeds to choke all other life. And the pesticides, antibiotics and hormones used to treat them get into drinking water and endanger human health.

The pollution washes down to the sea, killing coral reefs and creating "dead zones" devoid of life. One is up to 21,000sqkm, in the Gulf of Mexico, where much of the waste from US beef production is carried down the Mississippi.

The report concludes that, unless drastic changes are made, the massive damage done by livestock will more than double by 2050, as demand for meat increases.

Meet the world's top destroyer of the environment. It is not the car, or the plane,or even George Bush: it is the cow.

A United Nations report has identified the world's rapidly growing herds of cattle as the greatest threat to the climate, forests and wildlife. And they are blamed for a host of other environmental crimes, from acid rain to the introduction of alien species, from producing deserts to creating dead zones in the oceans, from poisoning rivers and drinking water to destroying coral reefs.

The 400-page report by the Food and Agricultural Organisation, entitled Livestock's Long Shadow, also surveys the damage done by sheep, chickens, pigs and goats. But in almost every case, the world's 1.5 billion cattle are most to blame. Livestock are responsible for 18 per cent of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, more than cars, planes and all other forms of transport put together.

Burning fuel to produce fertiliser to grow feed, to produce meat and to transport it - and clearing vegetation for grazing - produces 9 per cent of all emissions of carbon dioxide, the most common greenhouse gas. And their wind and manure emit more than one third of emissions of another, methane, which warms the world 20 times faster than carbon dioxide.
    Livestock also produces more than 100 other polluting gases, including more than two-thirds of the world's emissions of ammonia, one of the main causes of acid rain.

Ranching, the report adds, is "the major driver of deforestation" worldwide, and overgrazing is turning a fifth of all pastures and ranges into desert.Cows also soak up vast amounts of water: it takes a staggering 990 litres of water to produce one litre of milk.

Wastes from feedlots and fertilisers used to grow their feed overnourish water, causing weeds to choke all other life. And the pesticides, antibiotics and hormones used to treat them get into drinking water and endanger human health.

The pollution washes down to the sea, killing coral reefs and creating "dead zones" devoid of life. One is up to 21,000sqkm, in the Gulf of Mexico, where much of the waste from US beef production is carried down the Mississippi.

The report concludes that, unless drastic changes are made, the massive damage done by livestock will more than double by 2050, as demand for meat increases.

19. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

20. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member