The war...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nursey:
    Sounds just like the over the top bullshit sworn statement and court appearance of the 'innocent young Kuwaiti girl' who breaking down in tears in court in front of television cameras spoke of her horror as she watched 'Iraqi soldiers taking babies out of incubators and throwing them on the floor'...the story was later proved to be total fabrication and the 'innocent girl' turned out to be a member of the Kuwaiti royal family! But this was months after gulf war 1 officially ended...and the gullible masses have been goaded into another media sheep pen by then...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, and I'm sure you will agree with me here, I don't think you or I will ever be priveliged enough to actually know for certain what is really true, or if there is in fact a "right" side to this (or anything, for that matter). Thank the media for that one.

For every example I can present to my side of the argument, you can produce a counter for, and vice-versa. Pictures may be leaked out from either side that would make excellent 'sources' for our arguments, as you've shown with your US-Taliban shot. In short - I don't believe that any source of news is completely unbiased, and I will never trust any of 'em.

I'm not ready to shed any of my beliefs about this war, but I'm always open to other points of view.

2. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

Time will tell...like in the 'babies thrown out of incubators' story
    What do you make of this?
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>If all goes according to Washington's plan and America wins this so-called war as it planned it would, then Americans are in for just about the same treatment for themselves as was accorded the Iraqis, although with perhaps fewer bombs and more mandated vaccinations (some the ingredients of which, of course, will remain secret).

An exhilarated Bush will railroad passage of Patriot Act II through his android Congress, and the last vestiges of the U.S. Constitution will be permanently erased. What a real pain that Bill of Rights has been to businessmen over the years!

Freedom of speech will be the last to go, rubbed out with military tribunals which can hand out death penalties on 2-1 votes with no appeals. Already the state of Oregon is considering life in prison for peace protesters. Those remaining inhabitants of the dog cages at Guantanamo will be quickly eliminated to make room for newly convicted domestic dissenters.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Domestic Security Enhancement Act 2003, Also Known as Patriot Act II
    There are two glaring areas that need to be looked at concerning this new legislation:

1. The secretive tactics being used by the White House and Speaker Hastert to keep even the existence of this legislation secret would be more at home in Communist China than in the United States. The fact that Dick Cheney publicly managed the steamroller passage of the first Patriot Act, insuring that no one was allowed to read it and publicly threatening members of Congress that if they didn’t vote in favor of it that they would be blamed for the next terrorist attack, is by the White House’s own definition terrorism. The move to clandestinely craft and then bully passage of any legislation by the Executive Branch is clearly an impeachable offence.

2. The second Patriot Act is a mirror image of powers that Julius Caesar and Adolf Hitler gave themselves. Whereas the First Patriot Act only gutted the First, Third, Fourth and Fifth Amendments, and seriously damaged the Seventh and the Tenth, the Second Patriot Act reorganizes the entire Federal government as well as many areas of state government under the dictatorial control of the Justice Department, the Office of Homeland Security and the FEMA NORTHCOM military command. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nursey:
    Time will tell...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...well, unless the Bush administration gets away with all this.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote

4. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

...well, unless the Bush administration gets away with all this.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This should be the right link to that article.

That Big Brother shit scares me more than any WMD. George Orwell may yet be right.

5. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

I'm not inclined to swallow anything I'm spoon fed by my government or anyone else's. And I'm equally skeptical of media slants to either side. But if it's one thing I know I can count on, it's the fact that any government, given half a chance, will attempt to screw over its citizens (and/or others) in order to gain more power and control. The US Constitution was drafted by individuals with a deep mistrust of political institutions. It's just too bad most people today are too fucking complacent to bother looking for the truth.

This is a pretty long article, but it illustrates how we got to this sad fucking state of international affairs, and what the neoconservatives at the helm of the US would really like to achieve in the Middle East.

Practice to Deceive

6. Canofwhoopass

Canofwhoopass New Member

After reading through most of these anti amercan comments.I feel sorry for these folks
    Who don't realize,That they are in one of the greatest countries ever.And that our brave soldiers are out they defending our
    way of living.God bless America,God Bless our Troops.

7. Robman97

Robman97 Member

I agree with you about our troops, but if you notice most of these people aren't from the USA.

8. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

how long do you think your way of life can last.. seeing that you have to go outside your own country for the resources you're quickly using up from your own..

or do you not care about the world your grandkids kids'll grow up in?

9. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PimpDaddy:
    how long do you think your way of life can last.. seeing that you have to go outside your own country for the resources you're quickly using up from your own..
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, Pimp, didn't you hear? We're switching to hydrogen. Farfegfusion

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PimpDaddy:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really.

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really.

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Hmm... so that's why I kept getting that "flood control" page. I thought my connection was just kick ass tonight.

13. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canofwhoopass:
    After reading through most of these anti amercan comments.I feel sorry for these folks
    Who don't realize,That they are in one of the greatest countries ever.And that our brave soldiers are out they defending our
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    But did you read any of this? Your soldiers are out fighting for a regime that is dismantling the U.S constitution as we speak, and has plans to completely destroy it.

14. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canofwhoopass:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mistake being against the war with being unpatriotic.I love my country (UK) and i hope our troops all come home (if the USA stops killing them).I am against the war because as much as the politicans ramble on about how the war is to free the poor people of Iraq i can't help feeling these poor people of Iraq might just want to be left with a country to live in after we "free" them.

15. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    Not really. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you might just rethink that once the bundle of puking joy pops out your stomach.. it's a strange thing motherhood

16. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

you might just rethink that once the bundle of puking joy pops out your stomach.. it's a strange thing motherhood <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it's april the first.

17. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

oh.. i thought it might have been alien abduction

18. Foo Cough

Foo Cough New Member

I want to first start this post off by saying that I support the troops overseas, and I support our president with his decision to overthrow the evil dictator of the current era.

This war however is not about good and evil, although our wonderful western media would love us to think so. This war is a war of words, it is a war of images, it is a war like no war we have seen before. I can turn on my t.v. and see the up to date information on every civilian killed by our bombing or the number of coalition casualties.

I love my country (UK) and i hope our troops all come home (if the USA stops killing them). <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quoteMaybe if your soldiers were trained as well as ours on how to fly the shit they're provided there wouldnt be so damn many UK casualties.

Amen brother amen, however quick side note, they're not really defending our way of living, you see thats not the agenda. If that were the case the war would be on U.S. soil and the Iraq Republican guardsmen would be the offensive force. And your logic on the Anti-American thing is a bit fuzzy, here in America we give our citizens the freedom to believe in whatever they want to believe in and say whatever they feel inclined to say. So if our troops ARE defending our rights that is one of the rights they are defending.

Nursey whether or not she's American or not is just offering you a chance to view another side of the story, another -although very very leftist- voice in the cloud of confusion this war is wreaking. You can choose to believe everything or you can choose to believe nothing, either one will keep you from thinking.

19. Foo Cough

Foo Cough New Member

Dang them there kwote funkshuns is hurd ta set uhhp.

20. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

No if some US soldiers weren't so gun-ho maybe they'd look before they blew things up or shot the shit out of it.