The Govrment can Striahgt up eat my filthy asshole

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Dwaine Scum, Jul 12, 2002.

1. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Minister Saint-Fond:
    Michigan and most states in the midwest have no sales tax on food at all. We just hiked our cigarette tax another seventy-five cents. (Must... control... scream... of... rage...).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHA!!.. and i thought it was only british smokers holding up the economy (about £4.50 a pack.. roughly $7)... all people do now is drive over to the continent and get them for about £1.50 a pack.

2. Yummy

Yummy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Minister Saint-Fond:
    Michigan and most states in the midwest have no sales tax on food at all<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Delaware has no sales tax at all, and I think NH or CT don't either

3. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

Michigan and most states in the midwest have no sales tax on food at all. We just hiked our cigarette tax another seventy-five cents. (Must... control... scream... of... rage...). We do, however, require a ten cent deposit on all recyclable beverage containers. Most stores, while happily charging the ten cent deposit per bottle, come up with all sorts of ways to refuse to take the containers back.

4. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~pimpchichi~:
    HAHA!!.. and i thought it was only british smokers holding up the economy (about £4.50 a pack.. roughly $7)... all people do now is drive over to the continent and get them for about £1.50 a pack.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that the truth? To think of all the extra tax loot we provide. It's interesting that the governments profiting from nicotine addiction are the first people to point out the immorality of tobbacco companies that do the same. I think I read somewhere that cigarette taxes are the US governmen's third biggest revenue, no doubt right after income taxes and kickbacks for military supports

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yummy:
    Delaware has no sales tax at all<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but then you have to live in Delaware, probably in Wilmington or next to a screen door factory (as most places in Delaware are in Wilmington or next to a screen door factory).

5. Dog Breath

Dog Breath New Member

So, you plan to avoid a $300 fee so you can get pulled over next month and have your Jeep impounded?

That's inspired!

When do we get your "The government can lick my ass but I'll have to walk to court first" thread? Next month?

6. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

lol ill look forward to that thread

7. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member