The BE REAL thread

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by ucicare, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

...As well as headaches, nausea and an overall sense of the blahs. Just ask Kurt!

2. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Man, I really liked Nirvana. . . :(

3. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

Yeah, me too...it sucks.

I actually got to see them live at an old club in Seattle called The Weathered Wall...I got to see all the bands before they made it to the mainstream...I was Reiz's age and lived in Seattle and got to hang out with Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone and everyone before "the scene" became...a scene.

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I saw them in Raleighat the brewery with Bullet La Volta and Bulemia Banquet... Pre-bleach, 1990-ish?

5. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

Yup...89-90.

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

damn... I feel REALLY old now... I remember my first show, it was the Circle Jerks with COC, for there VI tour... 1988

7. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

You? Fuck....I remember Alice in Chains doing small venues in Seattle with bands called Sky Cries Mary and Green Apple Quick Step, Mudhoney and TAD.

Fuck it. I don't like to look back.

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

but its really cool (IMHO) to look back,, and say to some "hipster" MTV kid enjoying the flavor of the moment and say, "Yeah I remember paying 5 bucks to see them with 4 other bands and yelling out you suck, as they played" .

If nothing else, just to wipe that smug grin off there face...

9. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

Reminds me of:

"I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a dope beastie-tee, nipple rings, and new tattoos that claimed that he was OGT, from '92, the first EP. and in between sips of coke he told me that he thought we were sellin' out, layin' down, suckin' up to the man. Well now I've got some advice for you, little buddy. Before you point the finger you should know that I'm the man, and if I'm the man, then you're the man, and he's the man as well so you can point that fuckin' finger up your ass. All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, and you bought one. So I've got some Advice for you, little buddy. Before you point your finger You should know that I'm the man. If I'm the fuckin' man then you're the fuckin' man as well, So you can Point that fuckin' finger up your ass. All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, And you bought one. All you read and Wear or see and Hear on TV Is a product Begging for your Fatass dirty Dollar So ... Shut up and Buy my new record Send more money Fuck you, buddy. "

hehehehe...

10. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

same cincept accually..

11. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

Exactly...I love Tool.

12. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

me too... I had a autographed backstage pass... I gave it to a slutty ex-girlfriend, like a moron

13. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

Say it isn't so!

14. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

I saw Tool at the Huntrage in Las Vegas, a 5,000 person theater.

15. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

Tool is amazing live...like a Cirque De Soleil for Gothic tweeks.

16. Schmed

Schmed New Member

This thread has made me hate Tool even more...

17. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

WHAT?!

You no likey the Tool?!

18. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Can't stand them.

19. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

I love 'em.

20. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member