RESIN AND SHAKE...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Nauseous, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

BTW: Talking about a brass pipe with the boiling bit...

2. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

only problems are, with a brass pipe, you taste brass, yuck... also there are reports out now that smoking through metal promotes alzheimers, so fuck that. Stick with glass, color changing, carbed chamber, no screen required, Corning-Pyrex #2230.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I Murder Children VIOLENTLY:
    only problems are, with a brass pipe, you taste brass, yuck... also there are reports out now that smoking through metal promotes alzheimers, so fuck that. Stick with glass, color changing, carbed chamber, no screen required, Corning-Pyrex #2230.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't say that I've ever 'tasted' the brass... one of these days, I guess I'll have to try a glass pipe.

As far as trading in my prized handmade possession for a new one, I'm afraid I just couldn't bring myself to do it... I mean, after all... the memories alone that we've had together... It's just too much to just throw away.

My great aunt had alzheimer's - the same one I posted about dying back on X-mas, but then again, she used to lock herself upstairs in her room and paint all day with the doors and windows closed in the winter... I can't help but think that had at least something to do with her golden years' insanity...

So, does it matter what kind of metal is used, or just metal in general?

4. Zig-Zag

Zig-Zag New Member

Well if you have to smoke through a metal pipe avoid brass and especially aluminum thats the worst for modern Ali type shuffles.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'm pretty sure these fittings are made out of brass, they could be copper, but I'm still pretty sure they're brass...

Out of curiosity, what's the lowdown on copper? (And why's brass 'bad?')

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

when you smoke out of a metal pipe, you are heating the metal up, and accually injesting metal vapor, that builds up in your lungs. you can get poisoning from over ingestation of metals. If you wern't so parinoid about me coming to your house and killing you, I would mail you a production pipe I made free of charge, just so you can see the difference between glass an metal... I make you this promise lomo, once you smoke out of a glas pipe, you won't want to even consider a metal pipe.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I came up with that whole bit about my 'kids' as a gag... It's not that I don't trust you, it's that I would want to give you something in return, I.E. a case of Steel Reserve, or something like that... Like I said in an IM, the place I go to buy beer (the only place within walking distance for those of us without the luxury of a legal means of transportation) doesn't carry S.R. anymore... I'll have to find another source if I'm ever going to mail you some of this shit...

8. gamine

gamine New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Out of curiosity, what's the lowdown on copper? (And why's brass 'bad?')

--------------------

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    if ya gonna use a metal pipe DONT use copper
    it gasses off at a lower temp than others
    whatever u do dont use gal. or cad plated stuff

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I Murder Children VIOLENTLY:
    there are reports out now that smoking through metal promotes alzheimers<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I figure cancer will get me before I live long enough to get alzheimers.

Thanks for giving me another thing to obsess about though. I guess I'll smoke joints exclusively now... or quit.

10. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

fucking hippies.

11. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

Yeah!

12. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

i find a paper pipe works good enough for me

13. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>signature of Nauseous:
    The trouble with being a hypochondriac these days is that antibiotics have cured all the good diseases.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, but because of antibiotics newer stronger and more resiliant strains of diseases mutate.... so things aren't all that bad pukey

14. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

GAS always goes off to the bathroom to 'smoke a bone'......anyone!?!!