Random Thoughts From A Diseased Mind

Discussion in 'Jokes, Funny Stories and other Text.' started by KaptainSkitzo, Feb 28, 2004.

1. sickem

sickem New Member

You mean that fearsome turbo brute with a whopping 146hp on tap? :roll:

Yeah, for over a decade they didn't dare make another vehicle with that much power.... until:

Honda CRV (146hp)
    :lol:
    I can't help but wonder if your encounters with those plural hotrods you've "outrun" went kinda like this:
    At some stoplight:
    Driver (to passenger): "So, you want to grab lunch somewhere?"
    Passenger: "Sure."
    Driver: "I was thinking Taco Bell" Light turns green. A loud rattling/buzzing noise is heard as a Dodge in the next lane guns its motor and pulls away from the light with a faint chirp of rubber.
    Passenger: "Naw, that crap at the Bell gives me the runs, man." Fifty feet ahead, the Dodge's long-haired driver thrusts his arm out the window and pumps his fist excitedly.

Driver:: "Alright, Wendy's it is." (Starts pulling away from light) "Man, that dude's sure in a hurry."
    Passenger: "Prolly ate at the Bell, and now he's making a run for the bathroom." (Both laugh)

Hope you're not planning on spending more than $50 for a tow to the junkyard.

Dude, I wouldn't count on a second book just yet.

2. 10px

10px New Member

the 85 charger had a lot of horsepower considering it was a four cylinder and it was made in 85

3. KaptainSkitzo

KaptainSkitzo New Member

Basicly, yes...and as much as you put it down, that little fucker had some balls. Aparently, you've never driven one. As light as that car was, that much HP made it fly.

I don't need to have it towed to a junkyard...it's in pretty nice shape(especially given what it's been through)...as far as it not running, that can be recified, and probably cheaply. Given that motorcycles get great gas milage, the savings in gas will more than pay for the repairs.

Considering that I'm working full time, AND writing 3 more books at the same time, as well as shopping the first complete one around...
    I'd say I'm in a better position to know about "counting on" things than you.

Oh, and aside from wasting your time on here, what do YOU do with your (so called) life?

4. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

That post must have taken a lot of effort, Skitzo. Seems you also waste a lot of your life away here.

Hey, what the fuck am I saying? You have no life to begin with.

5. KaptainSkitzo

KaptainSkitzo New Member

Only on the weekends, these days. And less than an hours worth at that. How much time to YOU spend on here?

6. sickem

sickem New Member

Not that car, but a goodly number of others - some with less power, some with more. Comes down to simple math: the '85 Shelby's 146hp pulling 2400lb has a weight/power ratio higher than even a '94-'03 stock Firebird or Camaro 200hp V6 & no turbo (which I have driven). Factor in the latter's greater torque and wider power band, and I don't have to think twice about which one I'd bet in the quarter mile. And you can count on anything that could credibly be referred to as a "V6 hotrod" to be tweaked beyond stock.

Poor Caroll Shelby must have been really hurting for money or publicity back in the mid-eighties. His putting his name on a slightly hopped-up corporate twin of the Plymouth TC3 (which I have driven, too) - itself an aesthetically tarted-up variant of the Plymouth Horizon econobox - can only be viewed as veggieburger slumming compared to real, USDA Prime automotive beef like his AC Cobra or Mustang in the 60s.

But this is all beside the main point, which was: I wasn't putting down the car per se - only your bragging and exaggerating about it. This seems to be a recurring theme, as we'll explore later.

Just hope you don't plan on cruising for hotties on that thing. Not only would that be futile, but wouldn't the old lady get jealous?

Gee, do you think you've announced HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK AT ME, I'M WRITING A BOOK! SEVERAL BOOKS, IN FACT!! enough times yet?

Or are there still a few holdouts around here who remain too unsuitably unimpressed by that for your taste? I'll bet there are, and I'll bet every one of them were among the 590-some page viewers who didn't even see fit to reply to your drivelous book excerpts posted here. I'll confess - I was one of them. Some of it vaguely reminded me of Jerry Seinfeld's quick, in-and-out-then-on-to-the-next bit
    schtick - but I can listen to Seinfeld for at least 10min before getting bored. Other times I noticed how you pay homage to George Carlin's penetrating, inductive insights derived from everyday affairs - but Carlin actually penetrates, and I laugh out loud at his stuff. I think your material would be best suited to Reader's Digest's "Life in these United States" section - light, forgettable bathroom reading - but I suspect that after they edit out unacceptably vulgar/obscene language or gratuitously hostile tones, little substance would be left to publish.

I can't help but wonder about the source of your motivation to put figurative pen to paper. Were you sitting around one night boozing with your buddies & swapping the usual, bland, non-events of your respective lives when one of 'em burped and said, "Yannow, John....you're a pretty fuckin' funny guy. You should write a book!"? Or did the idea spring deus ex machina-like from your head in a desperate moment after a particularly boring day of plant-watering: 'Dammit... I could ditch all this menial bullshit... tell the boss to kiss my ass... if...if only...yeah, if only I wrote a best-selling book! Yeah, the Great American Novel of the 21st Century!! Weeeeeee-doggies, hell yeah!"

{Consider these rhetorical questions or not, as you prefer.}

Anyway, I don't mean to discourage an obviously deserving, budding capital-W writer!. DO be sure to let us know the moment your first book is published. I, for one, can't wait.

7. smiles

smiles New Member

down boy

8. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member

Very well written post it was, good sentence construction, incisive and intelligent keypoints, and an excellent verbal booting of Skitzo at the same time.

Doesn't get much better than that.

9. Psycho Bob

Psycho Bob New Member

at least not without powertools ;)

10. 1337

1337 New Member

yup skitzo just got "own3d"

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

lmfao...

12. Turnip100

Turnip100 New Member

There are so many people in EVERY corner of the world like this Skitzo guy. The sort that drone on in the pub about absolutely fuck all, and only serve to make other people feel uncomfortable as they have no heart to tell him to shut the fuck up about his god damn book. There are also even more of these amateur writers whom give themselves hop with such statements as "Yeah, I'm lookin' for a publisher at the mo, I'll let you know when it's out". Let's not hold our breath eh?

To sum it up, maybe your efforts would be best spent somewhere else, like maybe going outside the house and meeting people, then maybe your nest installment could contain actual life experiences rather than some 'funny shit' you thought up while sittign at your computer with your trousers around your akles, waiting for the Hun to be updated

13. Turnip100

Turnip100 New Member

and before anyone takes on the absolutely HI-LLARIOUS task of picking out my spelling mistakes, I already acknowledge 'hope', 'next' and 'sitting'. Good job it's not me writing a multi-million sellling book eh? :lol:

14. smiles

smiles New Member

the hun was my best friend anges 14-17... lets not drag it into this

15. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

WELL SAID TURNIP!

16. Schmed

Schmed New Member

DIE THREAD DIE!!!!

17. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

DIE SCHMED DIE!!!