Post your Ride

Discussion in 'Cars' started by phatboy, May 20, 2008.

1. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

The tv was a graduation present. I owe him 10,000 for the 10,000 down payment he made on the 20,000 $ car. I make payments on the remaining 10,000 unless I decide to let him have it and get one with better mileage.

2. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

Danny is a poor student with no job. He has to be kept by daddy.

3. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

40,000 a year. pretty poor. I'll be styling in 3 years though.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

40k a year? I made that at Compusa back in 99. I guess you don't get OT or anything, you done an hourly analysis on what you make compared to the hours you put in? I haven't worked an hourly job since the beginning of 04, I also have probably put in a total of 5 40+ hour weeks.

If I work over now I take extra days off. I'm 33 and if my stock keeps performing as well as it is, I should be comfortably retired by 40. By comfortable I mean living on a beach not working, except on my golf game.

Once you get done you'll be making wicked coin, but like Biggie says "mo money, mo problems". :)

5. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

I'm hoping for some stagflation like the Carter years when gas got real high with the Arab oil embargo to eat away my 150,000 dollar student loan. Most of it's at 2.75% another part at 4.45% and the smallest at 6.5%. The prospects look good right now for it with the price of everything going up.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'll never be rich and I'm okay with that. I don't worry about retirement because I won't make it to 40, let alone 70.

7. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

Well you could just marry somebody with some money and a lot of health insurance (for you hypochondria).

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I did and I'm still poor.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

"Your father picked it out?"

Does daddy make all your decisions for you?

"A big color tv?"

News flash: people haven't been proudly using those terms to describe televisions since the 70's. Unless you consider the ghetto, maybe.

10. pajuggalo

pajuggalo New Member

07 FJ Cruiser, and you can just see the wife's 08 xb

and a 87 ninja 1000r

11. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

My old black jeep "died" right before I started residency which precluded car shopping. He simply replaced it with a much nicer newer version of the same thing/same color.

12. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Always nice to have that cushion, isn't it? :)

You still didn't respond to the television portion of my post. I mean, you boast that it was both "big" and "color" - I know this isn't a "tech thread" - but I'm just curious as to what kind of "Tee-Vee" you were blessed with...

...and what was this about 'student loans?' Damn... Maybe my original assertion of your financial situation wasn't true.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Oh, and I'm sure the forum is positively DYING to know just HOW your old Jeep "died" - please, enlighten us.

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Remember that picture of the guy in the teddy behind the suv?

that's how it died. he humped it to death.

:)

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

No, that was a Land Rover...

Daddy couldn't afford the payments on that one... :biggrin:

Interesting theory, though, I suppose it would work with a Jeep. They probably have smaller exhaust pipes, too...

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That would explain the lip burns, I mean fever blisters.

:biggrin:

17. Robman97

Robman97 Member

my '03 Suzuki Aerio, this thing was free so can't complain.

My Wife's '08 Honda Fit, we have had it for 2 weeks now.

18. dc4dude

dc4dude New Member

daily driver:2001 acura integra factory stock
    weekend track car, and the only weapon i own that will work against my wife- 1997 acura integra rs

19. dc4dude

dc4dude New Member

in the garage-1997 acura integra- daily driver now that my wife took my other car.

20. westy

westy New Member

my nissan navara, 2.5litre, 128kw