Political quotes...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aballister, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Here are some quotes from a bunch or different people representing the whole political spectrum. Try to find out who said them or where they belong on a political scale.

"The bureaucracy is a circle from which no one can escape. Its hierarchy is a hierarchy of knowledge."

"The state is based on this contradiction. It is based on the contradiction between public and private life, between universal and particular interests. For this reason, the state must confine itself to formal, negative activities."

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

"The only part of the conduct of anyone for which he is amenable to society is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."

"A party is the vanguard of a class, and its duty is to lead the masses and not merely to reflect the average political level of the masses."

"If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that, too."

"History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap."

"There are two kinds of fools: one says, "This is old, therefore it is good"; the other says, "This is new, therefore it is better".

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Obama offers "Fisting Lessons" to school kids.

Your stimulus at work.

Fistgate II: High School Students Given ‘Fisting Kits’ At Kevin Jennings’ 2001 GLSEN Conference

4. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Completely off-subject.
    Your obsession is quite frankly disturbing. You still have yet to explain yourself about calling the Fresh Prince "liberal propaganda".
    You need to get checked by a professional 'cause your paranoia of the liberals is probably unhealthy. I mean, is this all you talk about? Can't you enjoy a post about something else other than your perverted obsession to attack liberals at every single opportunity?
    It's starting to be bothersome.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

This is how quotes are made and spun.

I guarantee your grand children will read Harry's quotes and use them to demonstrate that although a black man were elected president we still had a lot of racist Republicans around.

That on subject of quotes and the significance of them.

6. Aballister

Aballister New Member

You got this post all wrong. Some quotes are by Reagan and other famous conservatives. What I was trying to do is find out if people are true to their ideologies when there isn't a name attached to it.
    Try it out. Try to find which quotes are conservative, which are liberal, and which are communist. Simple, no?