Neo Geo home system

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lomotil, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Finally.

At long last, some mofo donated one of these bitches to the store. 2 controllers, and Samauri Showdown cartridge.

My video game museum is now complete (except for the PoS3). I now have everything ever made in the US (and some import systems) all the way from the NES to the Wii. Also have a few retro systems, Odyssey systems, Atari 400, 800xl, 2600, etc. - but I'm not counting them.

Here's a pic of the dusty, dirty console as I got it:

Wait until I spit-shine that mofo... :)

2. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you lucky fucker!!!! I always wanted one of those, and they are still "cult" like stuatus symbols. If you can find one

3. Disorder

Disorder New Member

They were supposed to be the most powerful console around at that time, nothing could beat it. Apparently it was using a lot of tech that powered arcade machines back then? Either way, it had a good word-of-mouth reputation.

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

oh yeah, it was a cabinet, with a Neogeo, that had 2 to 16 different games in them, you put in a quarter, and picked a game to play. Samurai Showdown was one of the BEST! it has Rasputin the Mad Monk in it. it was stronger than the N64 (processor wise) when it was released, (arounf the time of the Sega Genisis) and there were different setups, starting at $600 a console, and $200 a game :-/

5. Disorder

Disorder New Member

A friend had one, with a fighting game (Fatal Fury I believe) I think thats the only game he had for it the whole time I knew him, as they were so fkin rare and expensive.