Ministry - Rio Grande DUB

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lomotil, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

OK, so I'll admit, Al's milking this cow for all it's worth when he puts out an album that is an entire 'industrial' remix of his current album. Nevermind that he's the fucking godfather of industrial music itself.

Despite the complete and *in your face* political bias (he might as well be licking Hugo Chavez's nutsack in one of the songs), I really like the album. He made his political point quite clear with the original release of the album, and with this one, he hopes to drive the message home one more time, perhaps appealing to a different crowd.

Getting back to the album itself, he's taken his previous release (which seemed like the same dead horse being beaten over and over again in each song), and given each song a new interpretation. Granted, they're more on the 'industrial' side than the original album (I suppose the absence of Paul Barker lessened the 'industrial' aspect of the sound) - but I can honestly say that I like this version much better.

For someone that claimed recently to not release any more Ministry albums, he's made a great addition to the library...

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I said it once and I'll say it twice.... he's gonna be known as Al Zheimer before too long.