maybe not technology ..

Discussion in 'Technology' started by BIGMAMA, Jan 25, 2009.

1. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

ok so most will think this is stupid... Its about Bed sheets...ok most people just just clicked the back button.

I like expensive bed sheets .. high thread count- 1000.. Egyptian cotton - ... and well I was at Target - looking for throw pillows (did not find any) but I felt up some the sheets.
    Now I have not had any sheet less then 500 thread count in like 14 years... the low thread counts feel like crap.

But Target had these 300 thread count sheets - that were part bamboo - that felt so good and they were cheep... so I said- hey they are cheep- and I might need them one day- so I bought them.. I put them on last night and they rock. I woke up and wanted to know more about bamboo sheets and found this http://www.bamboo-sheets.com/.. that site has them for more money- but Target's are cheep.

ok so maybe its not technology to you...but it is to me. And when I find a product I love- I want to share my knowledge with everyone... I highly recommend them. So next time you want good sheets- you dont have to spend a lot of money.

Alright now I feel like an old lady .............and a dork.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

We got these 1200 thread count sheets and do not use them because they will not stay on the mattress. They are sort of stiff or something like that so we use a lesser thread count set something in the 800 range actually we have two others we switch up with.

I saw bamboo hand towels and thought "these would suck I bet at soaking up water" I jump all over Terri for buying non-cotton towels for that reason to me they more or less just smear water around instead of soak it up.

That being said I bet they would make great sheets and as far as thread count that's out the window cause its a different material who knows what is better.

3. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

yeah I hate bad towels - my grandmother always over used liquid fabric softener... and her towels sucked.. you might as well dry off with satin. I hated taking baths there as a kid.

as for the sheets slipping off... I had on my last bed some type of clip bungee thing that would keep them on, but I upgraded to kind and it might still work since it is stretchy- but hell I dont want to pick that heavy ass mattress up.

I am jealous - I never had 1200 count sheets.
    I swear - I have had 2 people over today and had them feel my 1000 thread count- and my new 300 Bamboo sheets- and asked what felt better...both said the bamboo. And both said they want some. I should get a commission

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You can't rely on the thread count anymore without actually feeling the cloth. I think some brands count the number of actual fibers that make up each 'thread' itself.

As far as getting the sheets to stay on the mattress - fuck on the couch instead. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though - I have some sticky-foam 'corners' that fit on the edges of the mattress, they do a fairly decent job of keeping at least two or three of the corners in place, depending on how frisky you're feeling that night.