locking gas caps

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Icenhour, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

looks like I need one.

This morning around 4am my cats drops a nice moist warm dead mouse on my neck. NICE. So I go to throw it out the front door...even thought that is kinda stupid, seeing how she will just go get again (they have a cat door)

Well As I open the door, I hear in the dark "Oh shit" coming from the other side of my car. I flip on the lights...and grab my paintball gun and catch the little teenager twins from down the road with a 5 gallon gas tank (MINE) , and a hose. I fire off like 5-7 balls ... they run off

funny thing - my gas tank had been missing for months- I thought my brother borrowed it, and I have been thinking my car got bad gas mileage - except when we are out of town. Yes Im a redneck that keeps my paintball gun by the door for the coyotes... glad I grabbed it instead of the real gun.

The crazy thing... The mom comes over to bitch at me for ruining her son's $80 Abercrombie shirt. WTF. Saying she SHOULD call the police since I shot at minors...and that one has a bad bruise. We have a surveillance camera in front, for our RV - (mobile vet clinic) and I lied and pointed to it, told her I have them on tape stealing gas at lease 3 times...and know they have done many other times. She shut her freshly plumped up lips real quick.

So guess I am off to Auto Zone for a locking gas cap......with the $200 she gave me. haha and the little bastards are going to cut my grass.

What happens if you lose your key to the gas cap? I am so bad about loosing keys.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Was this on your element?

On my Acura (Honda) the door is locked from inside and you have to open it with that latch thing down by the hatch pop.

3. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

yeap- the Element , My husband has a 2door Honda Accord, his has the latch thingy you have to push to open the gas door - or pull to open the trunk (and I always get it mixed up) ...but mine does not. You just pull the door open - like an older car. The RV has a locking gas cap- we did that when we got it, in case a local vet wanted to sweeten the gas tank.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That does suck. Maybe you should have held them at gunpoint and made them earn some redwings, that would have taught em....

I like the paintball gun. You should freeze the pellets next time.

Most locking gas caps come with 2 keys, you think you could leave one in the glove box or something as a spare? Maybe attach it to the tire iron so you dont lose it.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's simple, really... If you lose your locking gas cap key, the manufacturer recommends you use a butane torch directly on the locking mechanism. You'll find that you have full access to the tank in no time. :)

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Want to see a funny paint ball video. You know that show where they catch someone cheating? Well they caught this guy and came in the house with the cameras rolling. The guy gets his paintball gun and runs the crew out of the house and the loudmouth asshole with the microphone in his face.

Its on YouTube. I bet everyone has seen it by now.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That sounds pretty funny. Did they run in the house when he was cheating, or to confront him after the fact?

That show makes me laugh. Especially when they caught the dude with the tranny. Oh funny stuff.

"Oh, she isnt real pretty"

The camera man goes, "thats a dude"

I shot coke out my nose (no not the white stuff).

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Here is is just google "Paing Gun Cheater"

There are several links the better videos are longer then the 33 second one that just shows the end.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

You get two keys. Put one on your keychain. I got one a long time ago because I figured I would be the target of a jealous ex.

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

But I think sugar in the gas tank is a myth.