Latest, greatest score...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Nov 15, 2003.

1. kat

kat New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>

I'm still waiting for one of these motherfuckers... Once I have this, I'll have every system Nintendo ever came out with in the states... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes,but do you have Virtual Boy?????

I do. lmao.....oh the days when that first came out.....

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lil_devil:
    Yes,but do you have Virtual Boy?????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Underneath a layer of dust somewhere, yes...

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr.Roboto:
    hey Lomo have u ever played Contra or Super C? any ways ive been trying to find a decent snes but no one wants to sell thiers and every one i see around costs too much to buy one u dont know is going to work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I usually play the originals on my DC now, but I'm still into collecting the NES games (hence, the title)...

I've got a few SNES consoles I'll be ebaying sometime soon, though... Might even have an extra copy of Contra III - The Alien Wars...

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Retard Wearing a Helmet:
    oregon trail was the foundation for my adventures in gaming, i remember 2nd grade sitting in computer class, booting up that old apple with the green screen, and poping in that huge floppy and getting down.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else, but someone (somewhere) gave a link to a working Oregon Trail emulator... If it wasn't here, LMK and I'll try to find the link.

5. kat

kat New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Audio-Video Bliss:
    Underneath a layer of dust somewhere, yes...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BWAHAHAHA! What games you got? I only have Mario tennis,cuz I bought the system at a yard sale.

6. Schmed

Schmed New Member

nesters bowlihng and the pinball game for that are the shit(s?)
    though i can pretty much bowl a perfect game everytime now, someone once called the virt. boy nmy virtual mom as i carried it everywhere for the longest time, couldnt take my face outta the damn thing and when i did my eyes were all fucked out,... thats it im getting mine out damn you people as if i didnt play enough fucking games

7. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!! He's finding the Oregon Trail link for christsfuckingsake.

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lil_devil:

BWAHAHAHA! What games you got? I only have Mario tennis,cuz I bought the system at a yard sale.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A couple or so...

Three of those are imports, but I'm still missing the one game I really want for that thing, a game that only came out in Japan... Space Invaders.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Motherfucker... Wrong fucking picture...

As for the Oregon Trail emulator, I found another one online (haven't tested it out yet, though - can't find the link for the one I downloaded)...

Try here first, and if that doesn't work, LMK.

10. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

So, did you like the extended Two Towers?

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I've honestly probably watched the Two Towers a hundred times before I watched the extended edition. I wasn't as impressed with the 'extended' version of LOTR2 as I was with the extended version of LOTR1. But then again, I wasn't as impressed with LOTR1 itself as I was with LOTR2, so I guess it balances out. The strongest scenes in the movie were kept for the theatrical release, and not much seemed to be lost... Oh sure, there were a few scenes added, and extended, (43 minutes, according to the box), and a few of them give you a bit more info as to why particular characters act in certain ways... There just wasn't anything *groundbreaking* in it. Most of the new scenes are dialog and back-stories, not too much new action scenes. It's still a damn fine movie, I say, and I don't regret the purchase. - Remember, DVDs are usually cheapest the week they're released, so if you want it, buy it this week.

12. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

Dude, I just bought the extended, and I just finished the first disc (piss drink, too much vodka--ya right!), so I quit reading most of yer post. I didn't see any extened TTT previews or anything, so I'm trying to go in fresh.

I'll come read the rest of yer post after disk two, dude. We'll compare notes.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

[Frank_Rizzo]You do that, Jerky![/Frank_Rizzo]

14. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

K, I liked it ok but I prefer the first one.

(SPOILER I GUESS)

My favorite extra was the scene with Boromir and Faramir in that city with the funky name.

Did you read the books Lomo? I did. I hated them. What's cool and exciting on the big screne is a long, dry paragraph in the book.

"And thus Gandalf fought the Balrog and fell into the darkness of Moria."

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I read the Hobbit, then bought the four-book set, started in on the Fellowship, but never finished it nor got any further than that. I also bought the Silmarillion, but never finished that one either. I think for me, I just don't have the time to read a whole novel. If you can give it to me in a cliff's notes 2-4 hour movie I'll be more interested than just reading the book. Plus, it's another DVD for my shelf...

Just think... In the old days, people used to show off thier 'libraries' that were full of books - nowadays, it's all about the DVDs...

16. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Audio-Video Bliss:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see you finally broke down and got the PS2 huh?

I just got an X-Box and that thing is fucking killer. And no long loading times either.

17. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

Xbox is $150 right?

I'm thinking of getting for one for Jezusmas.

18. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenAppleSplatters:

I see you finally broke down and got the PS2 huh?

I just got an X-Box and that thing is fucking killer. And no long loading times either.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had one a long time ago, you might recall... Then a week after Vice City was released, it started making funny noises - so I packaged it back up carefully and took it back to the store and got an Xbox instead. Then sometime this last summer I finally broke down and picked up one fo the new 'Network Combo' packs for $150...

I hope you have Halo, GAS...

19. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cough Syrup:
    Xbox is $150 right?

I'm thinking of getting for one for Jezusmas.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last I saw, they're still $179 with two pack-in games, either Jet Set Radio Future & Sega GT 2003, or Tetris Worlds and the online Star Wars game.

20. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

Halo's out on the PC now. My whole reasoning for not buying the Xbox is that everything that's good on it will eventually hit the PC.

Its been a hell of a fucking wait though.