International serveilance.

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by diogenes, May 13, 2006.

1. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Maybe if you would have read some of the links, instead of denying evidence based on nothing.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

With the same occurrence twice in recent history. I asked you, actually mocked and challenged you to show me where the reporters wrote the same articles in the mid 90s.

You and apparently your journalist have taken and politicized the situation. Decided that there are two sets of rules. When Dio are you going to stop seeing the world through your liberal Blue tinted glasses?

3. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Hey Joe, when did I say it was okay for Clinton to do the same thing? I'm not saying it's okay for Clinton or anyone to do. You're challenging me to find an article where reporters show outrage about it in '94. I was 12 years old in '94. So I really don't give a shit. According to what you are saying this is a good idea, that the government should be able to do things like this. If that's the case then you should be applauding the Democrats for their foresight in putting a law into place that would allow this surveillance. But you're not. You should stop viewing the world with your head up your ass.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Dio honestly think about what I'm saying I'm calling out the reporters who wrote the articles. I'm using a real illustration to show you and you refuse to see it.

We could move on to discuss the interpretation of the laws. What the executive branch has the rights to do. Who falls under the safety net of rights as an American citizen? But first you have to see that what you accuse me of you are guiltier of. If that is you are going to try to use news articles you have to be able to admit the obvious bias.

Armed with the self-righteous belief that you are of the same mindset as the media. A warm fuzzy, caring, compassionate, ideologically superior left. Suddenly it’s ok and right to manipulate the beliefs of the people. After all their just a bunch of ignorant people who need to be guided to your way of thinking. So therefore a few well placed lies is ok then. It’s not wrong because we got to do what we can against the mean, self-centered, cruel, uncaring, dishonest, ideologically inferior right.

5. diogenes

diogenes New Member

I suppose when your only tool is a hammer every problem tends to look like a nail, doesn't it Joe.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

If your saying "Damn Joe you hit the nail right on the head every time!" then yeah I can understand that.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

So do you think that the government hasnt been doing this for years without our knowledge?

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I'm saying that laws were passed in the 90's that allow for the current surveillance. And that the same Democrats that are voicing there "concern" about the privacy of citizens and the legality of surveillance. Were involved in proposing a much more invasive bill at that time. This was common knowledge.

The legality aspect is debatable. Just like I can say it’s illegal for you to eat a bag of potatoes chips and then follow up with a front page article plastering your picture across the page putting a chip in your mouth while holding a bag of lays. Then I get 30 or so of people on my side that are more than willing to use the politics of destruction to agree and validate my point.

Then the strategy can be centered on the obvious that you did indeed eat the chips and attack your credibility if you say you did nothing illegal. I return with "Look the sob is laying through his teeth we have pictures for Christ sake!"

If this sounds ridiculous to you it should. Learn the true details of the surveillance program and the whole surveillance program saga will seem just as ridiculous.

9. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Which never should have been passed in the first place. Now if you're in favor of the surveillance, you're in favor of these laws, and you should be giving the democrats credit. You're not doing that.

You're assuming that the NSA is only spying and reading the phone records of foreign calls into the United States. You can't possibly believe that. Actually, you can, and you'd blame it all on the "liberal" media.

I would like to actually debate that, but you can't pull your head out of your ass long enough to talk about anything but the media.

You could do that, and no one would care since it's potato chips. That was probably the worst example of anything I have ever seen. They're launching an investigation to find out if anyone's rights were violated. As they should, since those rights are essential to the continued freedom of the American people. You're ignoring all of this and focusing on the media.

As long as you ignore the fact that everyone involved is a politician and they might be lying.

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Dio go back to I don't know page two maybe where I made the case that it is impossible for the NSA to monitor but just a small percentage of traffic. Given this simple fact and combine it with the fact of motive being prevent a terrorist attack or your ass is grass scenario. Then it’s easy to believe that they are only monitoring the communications with foreign terrorists’ links.

11. diogenes

diogenes New Member

And anyone else they might consider subversive, including ecological groups, communists, or muslims in general? How exactly would they know the people making the phone calls are terrorists Joe? I'd like to know the answer to that. How do they know there is any terrorism link prior to monitoring the phone calls. So 100% of the calls they've monitored have been made by terrorists to their cells in the United States.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Hey Dio I know you mean well and I can see the good in that. Believe me I'm not for invading peoples privacy I do not like it. The monitoring is for suspected terrorists and under the conditions currently because we have a free and open society it is very apparent to me that what is being done is by necessity.

I respect your right to not see it that way. But at the same time I do not understand how you can not see it that way. I suppose it takes different strokes for different folks.

13. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Here's the problem I have with that. Law enforcement should not decide who is innocent or guilty, the courts do that. The NSA should not be deciding who constitutes a suspected terrorist without oversight by the courts. Or at least congress. Who's watching the watchers. I sure as hell don't trust them to watch themselves.

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ok there has to be a point break.

If a guy is in a submarine barreling towards the U.S. and ignoring communications with the Coast Guard.

Does the coast guard take the crew in the submarine to court and sue them?

Or

Does the U.S. defend it's self against a nuclear threat?

I mean none have been proven guilty yet in a court of law right?

No need to answer I'm sure. We are talking about suspected Terrorists outside the U.S. communicating with persons inside the U.S. The federal government gets into business all the time that it is not supposed to this time they damn well better be in the business of protecting its citizens against a foreign threat.

By the way do you know about the Massouwi laptop fumble?

15. diogenes

diogenes New Member

That's not an appropriate example. In the case of the submarine you have a proven imminent threat. In the case of the wire tapping, you have SUSPECTED terrorists. In the case of the submarine if it has entered U.S. waters illegally then the coast guard would have the right to use whatever means necessary to prevent an immenent threat. In the case of the suspected terrorists there may or may not be a threat. If that's the case then the privacy of a U.S. citizen outweighs the governments right to know unless otherwise decided by an independant judiciary. The system of checks and balances exists for a reason.

16. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Hey what ever happened to Hillary on the TV series "Fresh Prince of Belaire"?

I always thought she was hot and I have not seen her in anything since.

17. diogenes

diogenes New Member

She's driving a nuclear submarine into the port of Long Beach. Coast Guard is all over her.

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Damn I never figured her for being one of them.

How about Sammy the one on the soaps who got accused of being fat and I never understood that cause she is mega hot.

Alison Sweeney thats it.

19. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Was she on Days of Our Lives or Something.

20. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I think that was it gotta google it again hold on. ..... Days of our lives, Sammy Brady. If she is fat then I got a serious thing for fat chicks. I bet it was her ass in Phats avatar that had me so damn mesmerized.

[/url]