interesting

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by smiles, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Oh ok. So he's TOO reputable a source, really. You can't fucking win.

2. diogenes

diogenes New Member

All I'm saying is that if you asked me, a philosophy major, about the importance of philosophical contributions to society, I would probably overstate it. I didn't even say he was doing that, I merely brought up the possibility.

3. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

N
    "They" conquering each other is history. The occifuckingdental aggression using space age weaponry (against what the gullible masses were fooled into believing was a threat) by the world's most powerful army, is blowing Mesopotamia's childrens heads apart in 2003,4,5 and 6.
    X
    YOU lecturing me on what history is. Thats a joke :lol:
    Hitlers Germany was allso relatively much weaker in 1939.
    N
    What the fuck are you talking about? What's 'low even for me'? I just pointed out that if you didn't agree with Barry's flawed theory you certainly didn't make it in any way apparent. Who knows what kind of noisy barks, parps and hisses you made on the other side of your screen to express your disapproval, i can only go by what is visible here.
    X
    Dont confuse the discussion by intergrating the BarkVoff ( SqueekHiss ) in another context. ( Some thing I do where you cant see ).
    N
    And now you're behaving as if you were the one who corrected Barry, not me? 'But OK blah blah blah' So many words to convey so little meaning...
    X
    Disgusting. I did not refute that opium line because it was clearly idnorant and that line did not interest me. ( yours did though ) :)
    N
    Do you take it up the ass while typing these paroxysms of grandiosity for us to marvel at in venerating awe here in the mildewy pisspits of Fugly?
    X
    Fuck you to ! Do you suck cock ? Voff ! ( Grow slightly verbal )
    N
    It's the descendants of all the people who lived in that region that i was defending when i responded to your original insulting post (the derranged, screaming Arabs one) by going on to point out what they collectively achieved in terms of civilising the West. Your comment insulted Arabs, and that includes the Sumerians you mentioned in the 'swamps'....or 'Marsh Arabs' as they are known in the present day. So it's ok for you to generalise when you're insulting them but not me when i'm defending them?
    X
    Thats actually a good point. 8) I was ofcourse talking about the masses of fanatics, and i agree that they dont represent the view of the moderate masses, even though they represent outwards since the moderates are scared of speaking up. Still ! I stand corrected at my use of language against the fundamentalists and agree that it can be seen as a critique of all arabs.
    N
    Pathetic? That's what i would call using a story in a religious book (that, apart from anything else, plagiurises large portions of its content from other religions) as an excuse to occupy another's land and slaughter its people.
    X
    Hm ! Yes, but I dont see how you respond to what you quote :?
    Quote:
    No they dont need to thank us for TAKING their land. Just like we dont need to thank them for TAKING our land. We should thank eachother for the gifts of knowledge. I dont get your issue with the resiprocal nature of this.
    I cant go with your US bad THEY good. Sorry ! Its pathetic.
    N
    What!? Anyway, Iraqaxoids are violet and green.
    X
    :lol:
    N
    Yeah, i can imagine you're more the moderate torture and random, impulsive rape sort of guy. With a condom of course ('Vive La Abu Ghraib!').
    X
    Imagine you say :?: And i can IMAGINE that you sedate your ugly female relatives and rape them while they are sleeping after wich you marry them of to your cousin.
    ( Imagine ) :?: :lol:
    N
    King Hammurabi of Babylon. Upon whose descendants you pour your scorn.
    X
    Where did I scorn Iraqis ? I scorn the mobs in the street.
    N
    Ahhh! You're talking about the Americans.
    ( About international treaties and the right to exist )
    X
    They refuse the landmineban and other international treaties,
    but not as many as the mujaheddin, and they recognise the
    Palestinian claim as legitimate
    N Quotes Wickens from 1976
    X
    Anyone slightly versed in history will know about the schools developing after the fall of colonialism. These schools are open and truthfull about how much we owe the rest of the world, but like any focus, it is bound to draw away from other foci.
    "Kurgan" and "Aryan" expansion makes a linguistical bridge crossing all the way over to china ca 3000 bc
    The aryan invasion of europe is the fall f a civilisation with cities and corn at leatst 6000bc.
    The iceman found in the alps used ca 20 types of wood in his ( rather advanced ) equipment.

Lets cite your source :twisted:

( The ) somewhat lopsided, civilization, like those of the Central and South American Indians.

South African Bushmen or the Australian aborigines were until recent years: very well adjusted to survival in their surroundings, courteous and dignified, interesting to anthropologists and psychologists – but hardly ‘civilized’ in any meaningful, high-culture sense of the term.

AND THEN YOU "ATTACK" ME FOR CULTURAL RELATIVISM :?:

PS: its a nice cartoon but it still a cartoon, does not make me shot.
    ( Even though cats are holy ) :wink:

4. diogenes

diogenes New Member

I know you can't write in html, but at least learn to use the quote buttons at the top of the text window. Your shit is almost impossible to follow XerxesX.

5. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

quoted for emphasis

6. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Thank you.

7. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

though aesthetically pleasing formatting doesn't provide a magic code ring solution to the substrata of ebonics he uses

8. diogenes

diogenes New Member

It infinitely improves the structure though, and makes deciphering the code much more bearable.

9. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Nothing short of a Rosetta stone will help decipher that.

10. diogenes

diogenes New Member

I didn't know you could type in glyphs.

11. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

What the hell do you think they use in Egypt, dummie?

God, get a load of this guy :lol:

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

They use a mac :p

13. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

I am gonna learn that button whatever :oops: And look up ebonics :cry:

Verdamte verruckte amerikanishe spraachjuden :twisted:

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Xerx man now you got me curious as hell

"Verdamte verruckte amerikanishe spraachjuden"

Ok you gonna tell me which language to choose so I can bablefish that or are you gonna make me guess? :p

15. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Wow, this thread went through just about everything, but I never thougt it would come down to a "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" reference. I'm out, I'm gonna go hang with Ford Prefect.

16. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

An academic wrote it and is therefore using technically correct terminology.

Civilisation

Literal and technical definitions

By the most minimal, literal definition, a civilization is a complex society. Technically, anthropologists distinguish civilizations in which many of the people live in cities and get their food from agriculture, from band and tribal societies in which people live in small settlements or nomadic groups and subsist by foraging, hunting, or working small horticultural gardens. When used in this sense, civilization is an exclusive term, applied to some human groups and not others.

Broader sense

In a broader sense, civilization often can refer to any distinct society, whether complex and city dwelling, or simple and tribal. This sense is often perceived as less exclusive and ethnocentric than the first. In this sense, civilization is nearly synonymous with culture.

17. diogenes

diogenes New Member

yeah, I heard that definition too. That's from "Walker: Texas Ranger". I use the "Chuck Norris International Dictionary of Whoop-ass" for all of my definitions.

18. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

Joeslogic
    I tried German but within the english languages 27 letters its probably quaint. It should read: Damn crazy american language-jew.
    ( Jew being used in a friendly, yet derogeratory way, and at the same time being another sinister silentr support to the far something or other )

Nursey
    [/quote]An academic wrote it and is therefore using technically correct terminology

19. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

Sorry Nursey. I got those quoteunquotes all wrong there :oops:

20. diogenes

diogenes New Member

baby steps