ID to Vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Icenhour, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

Cynthia Tucker drags this dead horse out every 2 years. Her claim for years and years is that requiring someone to show an ID to vote is racism.

Because requiring a person to get a picture ID, according to Jesse Jackson, is a poll tax, which is unconstitutional.

I'm still puzzled about how requiring everyone to show an ID to vote is an act of racism...

Even people over 18 that sponge off the government i.e. medicare, welfare, section 8, disability, unemployment etc... have to have an ID
    If you want a bank account - you need an ID
    If you want to drive - you need an ID
    Even if you want to cash a check at a sleazy check cashing place in the ghetto - you need an ID
    To have utilities turned on - you need an ID.

I say if you dont have a bank account or running water / electricity in your home or never cash a check - you should not be voting

I would imagine the only people (over 18) without an ID are...
    illegal - working for cash (even most of those have an ID)
    homeless people....
    or maybe a few young house wives that don't drive or work and has a husband pay for everything... even then- if you dont have the brain to ask to drive, write a check,- you don't have the brain to vote.
    Mental retarded people-with rich parents and not receiving help from the gov
    Even Non driving - non working - disabled people over the age of 18 receiving benefits must have an ID.
    Even my crazy Alzheimer's granny has a current ID, and has to show it at the doctor's office.
    I say if you CAN live with out an ID - you CAN live without voting.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The only logical reason I can see for not wanting to have to show an id to vote is voter fraud. and I think 99 percent of hte people if they are honest agree. This includes the ACORN nuts.

3. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I'd like to see the Shoup booths go digital where you insert your ID like an ATM card and submit your vote. No card, no count.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I think that is a great idea. Who ever was tasked with designing and implementing the technology though would be accused of rigging the system ala Diebold.

And the hacking community would divert 95% of their resources to guess what?

Better make it uber secure.

How about a hybrid ATM type id system backed up with a paper punch type ballot with a disclaimer on how to use it so stupid Democrats cannot cry foul.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

How about fingerprints, half them complaining are already on the system anyway.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah Lomo thats so obviously a spoof but I cannot help but wonder why someone went to that much trouble. Also how many idiots but into it.