I went and got a sleep study

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by TheGrimJesus, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Then I'll get you a male nanny to watch her while you are away.

2. chester grape

chester grape New Member

The use of "logic" in your screen name is for the purposes of irony, right?

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You cannot have the argument both ways either common since prevails or it doesn’t. Which is it?

4. chester grape

chester grape New Member

If the nanny comes with references and is from a reputable agency I have no problem with their gender.

I have babysat for some of my friends who are also parents, and they had no problems with it either. Even though, as I freely admit, I have, in the past, eaten at McDonalds. :wink:

5. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Big Bazza Wrote
    It looks that way from the outside because the liberal media of America, who represent a thin majority and their own special interests, feed that crap to the rest of the world.

I thought you were all one United Family of the United States of America? seems like a funny time to be drawing division lines with in your clan.

Big Bazza Wrote
    lett me clue you in Pimp. I live here. I work every day with the "impoverished" and the "less forutune." I know what America really looks like.

I did the same for 4 years, and what is presented on the surface is grossley different from how things actually are. I have also worked in South Africa, Canada, Western Carribbean, Europe, currently in the UK, and the help people recieve in third world countries is better than what poor people in the US get.

America is the best place to be a millionaire, the worst place to be poor.

BIG BAZZA Wrote:
    The truth is this - there is VERY LITTLE HOMELESSNESS in America. The miniscule number of people who refuse to accept the shelter that is offered them, and choose to sleep under a bridge are not "homeless." They are sick and refusing treatment.

I see the "homeless" often. I have never met one yet that was not either mentally ill, or hopelessly addicted to drugs/alcohol. They refuse treatment, and you can't make them get better. "Homlessness in America" is a myth. Some of the living conditions may not be great for everyone, but I bet the worst in America is still much better than the worst in other developed countries. Want proof? Ask any American if they know anybody - ANYBODY - that does not have clean running water available in their home. That's a real indicator of quality of life.

Statistically a person is "homeless" when they run up huge credit card bills, party all the time, lose their jobs, bankrupt, and have to move in with relatives. I have a hard time crying for people who make stupid decisions. They are homeless by definition, but they are surely sleeping with a roof over their head at night.

And Poverty? Yes, there are poor people in America. But the poor here still have it better than most every where else in the world. Want proof? Well tell me this Pimp, when is the last time you saw and American trying to sneak out of the Country to find a better life? And poor people here have something that is not always available in the rest of the world - they have the opportuinty to do better. Hard work still pays off here.

As far as social security, medicaid, etc - you just don't know what you are talking about. Every child in Alabama has access to "Kids First" health care. Community Medical facilities see people for a few dollars. The Community Mental health centers give out free drugs like candy. It may take a day or two to get treated for non emergencies, but people get treate

There is a huge population of poor and homeless people in the US, it's just that data is unpopular and hard to get a hold of. The growth between the rich and the poor is at an all time high, especially in the United States. Hell the united states decided finally after 26 years to give the working poor a boost in minum wage. Classy.

about your bit on social securty etc. What are the national stats outside of Alabama, you answered a national question with a local response. I left the states for a better life, QUALITY of life, you can have the most toys in the US, but I prefer the Life in a cultured, world aware place, where out of sight out mind isn't a national modo.

BIG BAZZA WROTE:
    And lastly, Racism. Screw you Pimp for even saying that.

America has every color and ethnicity. We live together and work together and get along just fine every day. There is always going to be individual racism anywhere you go, because there are stupid people anywhere you go. As a whole, this country is far ahead of the rest of the world in it's acceptance and tolerance. You go into any American resturant on any given day, and you will see all races and colors eating together and thinking nothing of it. Racism is a losers trump card that is played to hide incompetence and laziness - Ray Nagin being a prime example. What happened in New Orleans wasn't due to racism - it was due to incompetence on a local level. Nagin screams "racism" to cover his own ass, and the ignorant world out there believes it must be true.

How about the KKK, plantations, Slave trade, the US have a long history of Racisim and violence agaisnt blacks, and other minorites. I would hardly call the US Multicultral you know with the melting pot and all.

The only part I find interesting about Katrina, is that the poorest and blackest city in the US got the worst response from it's white Government, now that maybe indirect racism, but it's still racism.

And I doubt you can call yourself Multicultral from your gated community and manicured lawn.

6. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Check, you said that "the help people recieve in third world countries is better than what poor people in the US get." I was just curious to know where the funding for that help is coming from.

You know Check, I actually like you and am interested in your opinion.

What bothers me is this - you are a drug/alcohol Counselor, correct?
    Yet you spend the entire weekend "a complete mess" in the South of France. So do you mean drugs, alcohol, what?

You are over 28 years old, yet have no intentions of being attached to anything concrete - No wife, no country, no home, no children, and no allegiance to anything other than yourself.

Surely as a Counselor you know the importance of attachment.

I have a hard time accepting what you say becasue of the plasticity of your way of thinking. Sorry, just being honest.

7. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

therefore his opinions are impartial surely.. because all those you mentioned affect your partiality....

8. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

His opinions can't be impartial, because he sees everything through a filter of his own selfish needs and desires.

Just like you Pimp. Just like you.

9. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Barry

Barry Wrote:
    Check, you said that "the help people recieve in third world countries is better than what poor people in the US get." I was just curious to know where the funding for that help is coming from.

Albiet Barry, some of the funding comes from the US, not a great deal does. Majority of the people who have addiction problems are poor in third world, as in the United States, they recieve a higher level of compassion and treatment than there eqivalent poor counterparts in the US. There was more I could do for them, then I could in the Richest country in the world. Sadly, one of the many things I would change if I could.

Barry Wrote:
    You know Check, I actually like you and am interested in your opinion.

What bothers me is this - you are a drug/alcohol Counselor, correct?
    Yet you spend the entire weekend "a complete mess" in the South of France. So do you mean drugs, alcohol, what?

I was a complete mess I drank champange and vodka, had casual sex. No drugs of any kind. This is my form of stress release, you build houses, and move constantly, I chase my problems away with Champagne Mohito's, Vodka on the rocks and casual sex. We all have our methods of stress relief. These are mine, right or wrong, I don't hurt anyone esle when I do it, I am an adult and take the necessary precautions. It also involved a day of reading voltaire on the beach as well, truly a criminal act if I do say so. :wink:

Barry Wrote:
    You are over 28 years old, yet have no intentions of being attached to anything concrete - No wife, no country, no home, no children, and no allegiance to anything other than yourself.

I am interested in Man, and the planet, I enjoy travelling learning about the people, places, fighting off Malaria (twice), culture, and exploring the world we inhabit, I don't need an allegiance to a country to help people with addictions, and beating addictions. Addiction and drugs certianly know no borders, I adopt the same philosphy. I have learned tons from many cultures and their attitude towards addicition, that I never would have learned from a text book.

No wife, no country, no home, no children, and no allegiance to anything other than yourself.

Barry these are the things you hold to be true for your security, I don't need those things, or want them, My idea's of how to live my life, are my own, and are not up for discussion or deabte.

I have no desire to have a relationship with a woman, only to tell her that I am moving to South Africa, it's not fair to her. I don't offer someone more than I can give, same goes for children etc.

Myself is all I have Barry, I don't have a family, or extended family, so who else would you like me to have an allegiance to?

Barry Wrote:
    Surely as a Counselor you know the importance of attachment.

I have a hard time accepting what you say becasue of the plasticity of your way of thinking. Sorry, just being honest.

I can appreciate your Honestly Barry, and I do know the importance of attachment, I aslo know the value of self reliance, determination, goal setting, and getting back up once you have fallen back down the list goes on.

I have my own issues like anyone else, still my life is my own, the world is a bigger place than your own back yard, my choice is to go out and experience it, some of it good, some of it bad. You may not agree with how I spend my personal time, but that's your issue not mine, I live my life with how it makes me happy, and how I can put the crap I deal with behind me so I can come back and continue to help the people who need it.

I enjoy an ocassional weekend bender, and casual sex. You enjoy building houses, moving, and fishing. You're secure in the knowledge that you have a sucessfull career, a loving family. I am secure in the fact my travels will never end, and I will see as much of the planet as I can before I kick the bucket. In the end they serve the same purpose, enjoying the time we have left with who makes us happy in your case, or in my case, what makes me happy.

Cheers!

Checkers!

[/i]

10. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

actually my selfish needs and desires are pretty few.. my needs and desires revolve around the betterment and happiness of those around me.. my loved ones

stop pretending you know me you quack

11. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Barry Wrote:
    His opinions can't be impartial, because he sees everything through a filter of his own selfish needs and desires.

Like every other human being on the planet.

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Please do not lump me into that category. I will be leaving the planet shortly on one of Smurfs spaceships. All we have to do is drink the kool aid and wait.

13. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Oh so now you want to come, too? Hah! Too late, I've already handed out all the Kool-Aid and I'm afraid there's not enough left for you. I'd been telling you for I don't know how long, you had your chance.

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Odd that somehow the worlds poorest migrate to here and some end up millionaires.

Check all the hatin and exaggeratin is unlike you and it does nothing to backup your credibility. I suppose your still wearing off the big weekend its cool mellow out and think about it though.

15. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Gene Simmons: born in Haifa, Israel. Came to America at 8 and could not speak English. Grew up to be a huge marketing whore. Gotta love it. I've read his autobiography. He's my inspiration.

16. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Check,

Well wriiten reply. You did a nice job of letting me be an ass without being an ass in return. Not that you changed my mind or anything....but well written.

Pimp, you still suck.

Why you ask? I still haven't forgiven you for affectionately calling Nursey
    a cunt. A bright girl like that deserves better.

17. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

What inspires you, his success with money or his exploits with women?

He doesn't inspire me. I'm just jealous.

18. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Thanks there old Bazza, my intention was not to change your mind, just infact in pursuing the same goals at the end of the day.

Cheers!

Checkers

19. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Sing it with me ...

Can you feel the love tonight
    It is where we are
    It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
    That we got this far
    And can you feel the love tonight
    How it's laid to rest
    It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
    Believe the very best

20. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

There are lots of the things wrong and unjust in every country I have worked in or visited. Yes, the USofA is on the list, Like every country on the planet you have problems.

I don't hate the US or anyother place for that matter, and I am not exagerating on the problems that the US faces for it's poor population and it's quickly erroding middle class.