Football is Life.

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Bear Bryant, Jul 18, 2007.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, I have to agree. When Ray Lewis goes "DAMN" when the back goes shooting by the defense, you know he's fast.

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I forget the guys name, but did you see the backup guy actually change directions in midair? How did he do that? I thought Michael Jordan had the patent on that ability. Has it finally gone Generic?

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

TROY beat OK State.

Funny.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That shit aint funny, we play them between Florida and Auburn.... :)

5. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

No problem. It will be a non conference loss. :biggrin:

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Uh, what the fuck is up with Auburn? Can I play QB?

I think the only non-conference team we have lost to is WVU.

7. Bear Bryant

Bear Bryant Guest

I think Auburn has some internal problems. They have talent, but play like they don't like each other. Maybe they need a bowel cleansing, 'cause they are pretty shitty right now.

I was not surprised to see Alabama win, but I was surprised to see them give Mc Fadden 200 yards and still win. Mc Fadden is unbelieveable. He gets at least 5 yards after contact every time. He reminds me of Larry Csonka of the old Dolphins, except he has the speed of a freaking antelope.

8. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I thought of the internal problems, too. In Stan White's 2nd and 3rd years, there were internal conflicts that cost them a lot of games. That's what it looks like now. But, 5 turnovers is hard to overcome. We're calling this a re-building year. See you in '08. We suck right now.

9. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I hope they still suck in Decemeber. With Alabama's luck, Aubbie will get it together for a season saving victory in the Iron Bowl.

10. Schmed

Schmed New Member

GO PACK!!!

11. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Shut the Puck Up Schmed.

You can't just disappear for a month, and then jump back in a college football thread like nothing happened.

Give some due here - Two of the five retired numbers for the Packers were former Alabama players.

Where is the LVOE?

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im glad bama won. That way they wont come into the game saturday pissed off about losing...... :)

13. Bear Bryant

Bear Bryant Guest

I think that Georgia wins this one. Two much emotion left on the field Saturday. Alabama is still very young on defense. The offense looked Ok at times, but they were very lucky on several plays. I hope to be wrong, but I see Georgia winning this one by at least 7.

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

It really depends on which Georgia team shows up.

15. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I'm hoping it's the one from Chatam County.

Man it's quiet in Lee County today.

16. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

It's the calm before the storm.

Oh, who am I kidding?

17. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think the ones from Clarke County will show up, I just hope it's the Mr. Hyde team and not the Dr. Jekyll team(not to trample young girls, but to trample the national title hopes of the Tide faithful - if we can't have them you cant either- :) )

18. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

The National Title hopes of the Tide faithful are still at least two years away.

I am just hoping for a Bowl that is played in warm weather.

19. Bear Bryant

Bear Bryant Guest

Why do all the windows in Auburn face West?

So everyone can keep an eye on what's happening in Tuscaloosa.

It's the truth. I think the biggest problem that Auburn has is that Alabama has a new coach, and does not suck right now. Everything that happens in Tuscaloosa gets in Auburn's head.

It's like a step child that has been kicked around by his Daddy. He might get big enough to hold his own one day. He might even whip Daddy's ass a few times. The problem is, no matter what happens, he will always be a stepchild, and the ass kicker will always be his Daddy.

Sadly, Tubby is finished at Auburn. It's sad, because he has done well there and deserves to be treated better. He basically had a National Championship team that got denied a shot, and has the best record of any SEC coach for the past five years. I say he is done because of the report that his Seniors openly questioned his decision not to go for it on 4th down. When your players question the head coach, it's over.

Can you picture a group of Alabama players walking up to Bear Bryant (me) and questioning my decisions? The earth would have stopped spinning on it's axis. Tubby just said that "it was a good thing."

BULLSHIT. It's a ticket out of town.

I still think that Auburn can win the Iron Bowl. It may be Tub's parting shot.

20. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Have they announced what time the game is going to start on Saturday? I am guessing it is going to be the 3:30 CBS game, but I dont know for sure.