Fivepaknh Goes Insane

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Wabbit_9000, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

Barry's right: Wabbit's a natural born Fugly-ite.

Woo-hoo to Wabbit!

2. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member

The only thing that worries me, as a Brit you understand, is that I tend to be afraid of people who own guns.

Call me old-fashioned if you will.

*rewinds Dixon of Dock Green tape*

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Dubya,

The British concept that America is over run with guns and people willing to use them is (unfortunately) fairly accurate. I had two clients (kids) this year who have been shot dead over petty arguments. I had a client last year that shot his live in boyfriend because he had a fling with a woman. I work in a high crime area, and I hear gunshots at least once a week. Hell, everybody I know owns a gun. I don't even like guns, yet I have three rifles that I inherited from my grandfather.

The gun crap really does worry me. I don't know why we (Americans) laugh and joke about it. Whistling in the dark I guess.

Barry

4. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

Daphne is a high crime area? Weekly gunshots? Perhaps during hunting season.

5. Dubya 2.0

Dubya 2.0 New Member

Unlucky Barry, i'd rather have issues over immigration* or the state of the NHS* than be worried about some prepubescent 'wannabe' nailing me with a 9mm slug in a drunken argument...

No wonder property is so cheap over there, you're not expected to get to pensionable age, so it would seem.

*Election 2005 in a week.

6. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I work at a boot camp for juveniles in Prichard, Alabama, which is across the bay in Mobile.

You are familiar with the Strickland Youth Center?

Do you believe me now?

Barry

7. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

Dubya
    Yeah it's a regular "shoot out at the OK Corral" here...tell all those other considering immigration too...definitely not worth it. I'd rather heave garden gnomes at would be burglars anyday.

8. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

Barry
    You describe a bad area of town alright...just the way you presented it... sort of made it seem like that was true of the entire area. How often do you hear gunfire in your neighborhood?
    You work in a corrections area and wonder so many of your clients die violent deaths?

9. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I don't know why I even care - maybe I don't want you to assume that I am another Medicvet type embellisher. I work at the B&G on Dunlap which is mentioned in this article from last month.

exceprt - "Everywhere you go in Mobile County or in this region when you talk about Alabama Village, they look at it as a war zone or a place no one wants to talk about," Davis told the group of about 60 people, many of whom walked from their homes in the community to the Prichard Boys and Girls Club on Dunlap Circle."

Full Article -

More From The Mobile Register | Subscribe To The Mobile Register
    Residents to get police precinct
    Sunday, March 27, 2005
    By ELIZABETH STUART
    Staff Reporter
    Alabama Village, long a site of violent crime and drug trafficking, will provide a base for community law enforcement when Prichard police open a precinct there April 1.

Those problems have marred the community's name and must be eradicated, said Mayor Ron Davis.

About 2,075 people live in Alabama Village, made up of 909 housing units in southeast Prichard, according to Prichard community development officials.

Prichard Police Chief Sammie Brown told residents at a community meeting this week that 70 percent of the city's police resources is spent in Alabama Village.

Prichard police have made 330 arrests in Alabama Village over the past five years, he said. Domestic disturbances, he said, account for most of the violence there.

"Those statistics are way higher than they should be," Brown told residents. "You're going to help us police this community. You live here, and you know where the problems are and who the problems are."

Brown said a new anonymous tips telephone line will soon be ready for people who want to report crime but are afraid of giving their names to police.

"We're talking about you establishing eyes and ears for law enforcement in the community. We want your help," Brown said.

Davis and city officials met with residents in their own neighborhood on Wednesday and promised to organize a strategic plan to help raise their standard of living.

"I hear it. You hear it. Everywhere you go in Mobile County or in this region when you talk about Alabama Village, they look at it as a war zone or a place no one wants to talk about," Davis told the group of about 60 people, many of whom walked from their homes in the community to the Prichard Boys and Girls Club on Dunlap Circle.

"Just because you want to live here doesn't mean you have to accept what's going on in this community," he said.

Davis has met twice with those who own property in the community, largely made up of renters.

He told the residents who showed up at the meeting that they have to take responsibility for their actions and that he plans to hold similar community meetings with residents every three months.

The median family income for residents there is $10,155, city officials said. Of the 508 families in Alabama Village, 355 live below the poverty line, officials said.

Crime is not the only threat to life in Alabama Village, officials said.

The Mobile County Public Health Department has urged property owners to have their buildings inspected for lead paint. Some residents there suffer from lead poisoning because the buildings in the community were constructed in the early 1940s when lead-based paint was widely used, health officials say.

JoAnn Banks, 52, an Alabama Village resident of about 11 years, told city officials at the March 23 community meeting that the streets in the community need more lighting, more road striping and less standing water.

"It's like nobody cares what side of the street you're driving on," she said, noting that she would have to walk home from the meeting in the dark.

Davis said improvements will be part of the overall plan to revitalize the community.

"Out of the 27 streets here, not one is in good condition," Davis said.

For years, city leaders have promised residents in this community that they will try to help solve their problems.

Davis said this time will be different because the city's elected officials are not battling each other as they frequently have in the past. City Council meetings were often contentious and served as a battleground between council members and the mayor.

Since Davis was sworn into office in early October, those meetings have been more peaceful.

"I really believe in my heart that people in this area want a change. They always felt, from my understanding, that no one cared," he said.

10. CBWIFE

CBWIFE New Member

Hee hee!! Hell...cheap proerty, live in Southern California and make my morgage payment..real cheap! :shock: NOT!

But, that's cool! Gotta have an opinion! ;)

11. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Never, of course. Unless as you said somebody is hunting doves in the cornfield behind my house. Even that is going to stop. They just cleared it for 75 new homes.

As you know, this area is well divided into the "have" and "have nots." Daphne, Fairhope, Malbis, Orange Beach, etc, rival anywhere for the top per capita income, while rural Baldwin County and inner city Mobile looks like third world countries at times.

I live in a private community with all the amenities, and shoot golf on Friday afternoons. My clients live in shacks, and shoot each other. It sucks, but I don't see a way to change it.

Barry

12. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

True that. Or live where Samantha does, on the Island outside Washington State.

Hey CB, want to see what 400K buys in the Sunny South?
    http://tiawasee.home.mchsi.com

I bet 1.5M wouldn't buy it in Southern Cal. I don't see how people afford to live there.

Barry

13. sawdusty

sawdusty New Member

Wabbit, what up bitch? I'm feeding the pup growth hormone.

14. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide New Member

Bugs Bunny will fit in just fine here, but I assure you that it wont take long before you want him gone also.... BAAWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
    Congrats flop ears you finally found a home

15. CBWIFE

CBWIFE New Member

BEAUTIFUL HOME!!

Oh no doubt....we are out of here once our oldest graduates in 2008. We spent 650k on a 2500sqft w/ yard (near the ocean at least), but it's still not worth it. But once we leave, we will have earned enough to have built our dream home back in the south or mid-west. ;) Property value isn't going down....anytime soon (umm, I hope.... :shock: )

16. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide New Member

And the site will remain up and running..... Enjoy the river Bugs

17. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

POINT OF ORDER!

My wife, who rarely turns on a computer, uses BUGS as her nickname. Lets not confuse the super troll WABBITT with my super conservative wife BUGS.

She is freaked out enough by this whole site anyway. Any more trauma and the DSL is history.

Thanks!

Barry

18. Wabbit_9000

Wabbit_9000 New Member

And I'll get in. I ALWAYS do.

The only way to keep me out is to allow no new members. HE can only do that for so long.

19. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide New Member

rut ro

20. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide New Member

You really dont have a life do you... damn maybe you and AMFUCKER should hook up