Favre

Discussion in 'Sports' started by MAJ Havoc, Jul 15, 2008.

?

Should Brett Favre stay retired?

1. Stick a fork in him

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. He's still got game, the Packers should take him back

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Let him embarrass himself with another team

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Jericho Crotchery, Thomas Jones...and I know the Jets just spent some money this off season shoreing up their O line...with Brett at the helm they could go 9-7 this year, possibly even sneak into a wild card spot (which is what I am hopeing for so the Packers get a second round draft pick).

2. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

In a spinoff result, I'm interested to see what Chad Pennington does in Miami. They are pretty bad but Ricky Williams actually looked fired up in the game against TB. If he a Ronnie Brown share carries, that could take some heat off the QB to make some throws. Dunno how their "D" is since they let Taylor go to the 'Skins, though.

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think aaron rodgers looked pretty decent last night. He did take a big sack in the first set of downs, but delivered some good passes. They are in a world of hurt if he goes down.

There were a couple of Packers out last night Ryan Grant the most notable (one receiver to, jennings I think) so that will add to the weapons that Rodgers has available.

The Bungles looked pretty good too, if they can keep their team out of jail and play as a unit, and not as a bunch of prima donas.

Miami's D was the only thing that kept them in games last year, and to let the best players go, how retarded is that. Not to mention they have like 5 QBs on the roster.

Pennington is by far the best they got, they should have put some money on getting a new one.

4. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Maybe they're counting on another first overall draft pick. :)

5. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I watched the highlight reel again. Green Bay was pumped for the game last night. Some of those guys played with "play-off" intensity despite being in a "meaningless" preseason contest. Receivers breaking tackles and fighting for yards; it seems that they were determined to help A-Rod look good. It looks like they believe in him.

Of course it's too early to tell but Rodgers would have to shine enough to break Favre's shadow be it this year, next, or more down the road whenever Brett finally hangs up his cleats for good.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

It sucks that there is no scheduled games between the two.

7. Schmed

Schmed New Member

The next one is in 2014, so I think (but not 100% sure) that Brett will be retired by then. So the only way it can happen is a Jets GB superbowl..

8. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

If that happens, monkeys may fly out of my butt. If not monkeys, then perhaps a couple of gerbils (they're surely ready to depart.)