Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheGrimJesus, Feb 28, 2006.

1. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I loved Morrwind, even more when the expansion came out and you could become a werewolf. The do anything kill anyone or not kill anyone at all aspect is what got me.

ES4 looks even better, plus the AI is suppose to be the most advanced in any game ever. they live there lifes in 24/7 time. I also read another AI could have a problem with another one and might kill them little things like that. Which will make the more intresting. One person explained it like this. That another AI is a thief and broke into AI B's home. Kills him and it just so happened you needed to talk with AI B for quest info. Now you have to find another way to get the info. Like tracking down the thief to see what he took from the house stuff like that.

It comes out the 20 of March so it should be intresting.

2. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

I hated Morrowind. I'm all for open ended gameplay but there's such a thing as too much.

The map that came with it was pretty cool though.

3. SPOooOn

SPOooOn New Member

Yeah .. give me baldurs gate any time . .

4. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Neverwinter Nights!

I'm tempted by Dungeon Siege II, though I never played much of the first.

5. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I never could get into the whole D&D thing I have tried several times and just always fell flat for me.

The one thing I like about EC games in it is that open ended. I can finsh the quest on my time.

6. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Any single player game is finished on "my time." Open ended gameplay just lets you stroll about, all willy nilly. I like that ok, but sometimes there's something to be said for some linear progression.

7. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Well like the FF games and MMO, Sometimes you don't have time for a 2 hour battle or time to find a group for an instance of the time to do it.

8. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Ah ok, that makes more sense. I remember way back being at the end of FF7 but I didn't have three hours for the last cave/battle/end sequence.

Surely Morrowwind had bosses and long battles though?

9. diogenes

diogenes New Member

The only games that were "open" ended that I found really satisfying were the GTA series and the Hitman Series. Deus Ex was not bad, but those 2 are the ones that really did it for me. Open ended RPG is just too much time to invest. Plus, in Hitman Contracts you could put laxative in peoples food and kill them when they ran to the bathroom.

10. SPOooOn

SPOooOn New Member

Don't bother. . it's really just a bad diablo clone . .

NeverWinter Nights is ok.. I prefer SOA and Icewind Dale . .The Level editor in NWN kicked righteous butt though..

11. Robman97

Robman97 Member

I'm building a new system, because I need a new one and to be able to play Oblivion. Im not getting the 360 until all 3 systems are out and I can really compare them, so PC it is.

12. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

You are wise.

When it doubt, just upgrade your machine!

13. smiles

smiles New Member

Best Strategy Game Ever: Starcraft. end of convo..... goodbye..... don;t think of posting........ all has been said

14. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Yeah that would be some what true if we where talking about Strategy games but we are talking RPG.....

15. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Sounds like something a goddamn zerg sympathizer would say!!!!

16. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

All hail The Zerg!

17. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I couldn't agree more, the Zerg were by far the most fun group of the 3 to play.

18. smiles

smiles New Member

zerg are chilling if you know how to play them........ but the strongest race by far are the terrans

19. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Hit and run! Where the Terrans the Epgyptian looking fuck-os? (Not the humans and not the Zerg)

20. diogenes

diogenes New Member

No, that was the Protoss.