Eggplant

Discussion in 'Fizood' started by Nauseous, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Does anyone else love eggplant like I do?

2. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Only when it's been thinly sliced, marinated and charcoal grilled. Hyyeah. :cool:

3. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Eggplant Parmesan, yes.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

What do you marinate it in? I don't know many ways to make it.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That's about the only meal I know how to make and it takes good.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

*tastes

7. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Nursey is right, i had that once at a Mediterranean restaurant, with a cous-cous salad, and it was phenomenal. I like eggplant parm, if its made fresh, and the eggplant is crispy. (dredged in cornstarch, egg, then panko breadcrumbs and pan fried in olive oil) it also helps if the eggplant is sliced thinly the long way, not the short round way.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I watched a show last year on the Food network and they showed a ton of ways to prepare it, but I can't remember them.

9. knitterplease

knitterplease New Member

Eggplant is really good marinated in almost anything - the flesh is like a sponge and it will suck up every flavor in the marinade. Olive oil and lemon with some herbs is classic and delicious. Garlic and red pepper would be good additions. Oregano would, too. Or olive oil, lemon, basil and oregano and then drizzled with a sweet vinegar like balsamic once it is off the grill. I think it's better to cut the slices quite thick - like half an inch - because they fall apart on the grill otherwise.

Eggplant is also amazing charred, like in baba ghanoush - prick it a couple times with a fork and then cook it whole in the oven or on the grill until it collapses on itself. Scoop the flesh out and mix with garlic, tahini, and lemon - it's smoky and awesome.

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Sounds pretty good. I'm gonna have to try that out. Thanks. :)

11. anniemurf

anniemurf New Member

Eggplant is really good cut thin, salted then dep fried in batter. very very nice