Death Proof

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by OldDeadMoose, Dec 11, 2009.

1. OldDeadMoose

OldDeadMoose New Member

If you like Quentin Tarantino movies and haven't seen Death Proof yet it's worth the rental. Kurt Russel stars as a demented, homicidal stunt driver. Cast includes Sidney Poitier, Quentin,(of course), Zoe Bell, Rosario Dawson and Vanessa Perlito.

If you like Quentin's stuff and great car chases you'll like this movie. Ladies in the audience should particularly like the ending.

2. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

You are an asshole for recommending this movie to anyone.

Just for the record folks, this is the worst movie ever made. It's about 2 1/2 hours long.... about 10 minutes of it has any action at all. Mostly its just a bunch of women talking with each other.

I don't give a shit about spoilers as far as this movie goes.... because there aren't any. For the first 45 minutes.... four women talk to each other in a car and in a bar. Then for the next 30 minutes.... they also talk to Kurt Russel. Then for the next five minutes.... Kurt Russel uses his car to kill everyone you just spent an hour and half listening to.

So much for character developement!

Then you get to spend the next 45 minutes listening to a new group of women talk to each other. Then you get to spend the last five minutes watching them in a car duel with Kurt Russel.

The End.

I was warned about watching this movie by my brother and my friend Randy. They told me not to watch it.... but its Quentin Tarantino! It has to be good!

They were totally right. But it wasn't a complete waste. About 3 weeks ago my Ambien prescription ran out and so I popped in this movie. Sure enough... in 5 minutes I was fast asleep.

3. Russian Derrick

Russian Derrick New Member

This film is shit.
    Any one who likes it is shit.
    Your shit.
    Even the people who agree with me are shit.

4. maniac164

maniac164 New Member

kurt russel did better role in the movie "the thing" ... in the end he gets his ass kicked by women.

5. Russian Derrick

Russian Derrick New Member

I liked him in Escape from New York as Snake Plisken .
    Well I did in 1982 at least.
    Isn't he dead now ?
    I thought he caught aids ?
    Or is that Witny Houston ? I get them mixed up..
    Which ones the black female singer ?

6. maniac164

maniac164 New Member

no one...it's amy winehouse