College Football 2008

Discussion in 'Sports' started by MAJ Havoc, Aug 18, 2008.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, that has to be the most ass backwards way of deciding a conference division champion. They might as well flipped a coin.

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Let me get this straight -

1. OU and Mizzou are playing for the conference title, yet Texas beat both of them.

2. If Mizzou beats OU, then Texas moves to number two and can play for the national title, despite the fact that they skipped the conference title game, didn't win their conference, or even win their division.

3. Texas Tech, who did beat Texas and has the same one loss record as several other teams, will be ignored.

4. Auburn stays home for the holidays watching reruns of their stunning 3-2 victory over Mississippi State.

College football. Got to love it.

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think TX is screwed either way. The same thing that applied to UGA last year, we got snubbed in the BCS because we didnt win our 'conference' and ended the season No. 2

LSU lucked out that TN played in the SEC Championship, because 1)We'd have kicked their collective Asses and 2) it would have really screwed up the BCS (again).

That was the one thing Corso and all those other Pole Smokers were saying, "Georgia cant play in the BCS title game because they didnt even win their own conference (we tied for the SEC East but lost the tie breaker head-to-head with TN).

I just hope this bowl season isnt all 'SEC vs. ACC' and 'PAC-10 vs. Big 10' like it has been in the past. They need to get some west coast/east coast games. There are more than enough capable teams. I understand the fans arent going to travel as much, but it would be great to see USC and Florida instead of USC-Ohio State.