bypassing vista password

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Lomotil, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'm going to have to fuck with it tomorrow. I've decided that if I look at that damn computer one more time today I might end up taking Nauseous' advice. I did find a page with a couple other tips, will try that tomorrow: http://motherboards.mbarron.net/bios.html

2. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I had come across that random password generating bug while looking up shit, but apparently it doesn't apply to my model.

As far as I know, downloading any of these patches or requires you to have windows operational.......................... but wait!

A new option, maybe?

OK, so I downloaded the setup file for the A130 series (mine is an A105, and apparently not affected by the problem), and looked at the readme.txt within it, and we've encountered what might be a useful piece of information:

If...

...I can find a USB floppy drive, and get this 'patch' to work for my model, hopefully bypassing whatever password is in it, we might be on track.

...or, if the "U" key has precedence over the password itself, I might be able to store some sort of bootable password eliminating program to a flash drive and use that to get by the damn password.

Thanks for reminding me of the glitch, and I hope I can apply the info given in the readme file to my machine...

The plot thickens...

4. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Good call is good

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Maybe I'm just drunk by this point, but what are you saying? Is "Good call" a program, or were you just urging me to pursue this recent possibility?

6. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

yes telling you too go for it man

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Fuck it... I am drunk. Will look into this tomorrow... :)

Cheers all around!

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

hey lomo, call Pheonix, tell them you bought the laptop a year and a half ago. you didn't buy the warranty, and toshittyba wants to charge you $85 to look at it, plus shipping both ways, and you have to pay a repair fee. then see if they will help you out, or possibly offer you a support ticket for like $40. One day you will learn to quit buying all these second hand shitty electronics, and just splurge and buy something new for yourself. I know you hate the Playstation 2 because you burned it up, but did you buy it second hand? I still have the same PS2 I bought 5 years ago

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It was the original PSX that failed me, and several Sony products before (and even after), that made me so anti-Sony. Granted, I have even considered buying a PS3, seeing as how they offer so many different configurations now (I think a 40 gig is going for $400 now) - I might see fit to buy one if only to play blu-ray movies on (can't think of a single 'exclusive' game they have that would make me cream my shorts right now).

Honestly, for "serious" purchases, I buy new shit. But, when the opportunity arises (and it does, quite frequently) for me to purchase 'second hand shitty electronics' for the same price as dinner and a movie for two, I tend to go with it. You lose some, but most of the time, I end up getting far more than I could get for 10X the price.

For instance, older amplifiers. Just try and find a vintage Kenwood amp that will supply enough juice to power four 5-way speakers and beg for more (each with six speakers per enclosure, and a 16" woofer), for under ten bucks.

Shit, one of the most recent scores was a pair of Martin MiniMac Profiles... New in boxes, retail price $1,665 each, on sale at the bargain price of $1,300/ea at the linked site... Not a bad deal when I paid a mere $17 for each one, brand new, in their original boxes, untouched...

Just when I thought nothing else would show up at work that I'd be interested in (and don't already have), these happen to pop in. Talk about the crowning addition to my gameroom - just wait until I add some Space Invaders and Pacman images to the plethora of shit that will be broadcast around the arcade room with these two beauties... I can even hook this shit up to my jukebox and have it sync with the music I'll be pumping out with my ten dollar 16" woofers and five dollar amp... ;)