bypassing vista password

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Lomotil, Nov 1, 2007.

1. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

That is the Bios password. The backdoors should have worked. Have you tried hooking an external keyboard and overloading the keyboard buffers? Just start up the PC and then start hitting ESC as fast as you can til you override the thing.

Also taking out the Battery should have reset the thing. look for another battery smaller that might be a back up.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'll try that too... I don't think the laptop has a PS/2 input, just 4 USB ports... I'll have to check...

Something else that came to mind just now - wonder if the keyboard is bad? I had one that would type 7's on most any key. That would explain the passwords not working...

3. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

It could be bad. You have an extra laying around to check? I checked my laptop backdoor bios passes from the site I got those and they worked.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The squirter he was fucking? You asked if he got in.

5. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Oh yeah I forgot all about that post for a reason...

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Oh, and throw that fucking laptop in the trash. You can get one for under 400 bucks at WalMart anyway you cheapskate.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

If I wanted to spend $400 on a laptop, I would have. The opportunity arose to buy this one (which, from the dates posted on the internal parts indicated it was made this year), for a paltry sum, and I decided to buy it. If nothing else, I can part it out and make money on the deal.

But, if I can make it work, I won't have to buy a new computer for a while... Which was the original plan.

At any rate, I've come home too inebriated to consider playing with it, so the laptop repair will have to wait...

Another question - if I'm able to get past this password, and need to reformat, are there Vista Oem installers available to download? I've got the product key already, will this be a problem?

8. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Torrent should have a copy for download.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Goddamn son of a bitch...

Battery off the fucker for a few days and as soon as I put it back together it's back with this mother fucking password again...

Now what?

10. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

you sure your get the c batt?

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Tried the USB keyboard, it worked (but still couldn't use any backdoor passwords on it).

Tried that escape key idea you mentioned, too. No luck. All it did was postpone the password screen.

12. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's the only battery on the board, and I can tell It's affecting the BIOS because I get a different boot screen after it's been disconnected for a while. But the damn thing keeps coming back with the password screen.

13. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

What about jumping the the pins or soder points?

14. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

the BIOS password is stored in the frontend bus. Call PHOENIX and see if they will hook you up.

15. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Yeah but he tried the Phoenix backdoor passes and notta

16. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

There are no jumpers on the board, and I can't even tell which chip is the BIOS itself. What I might end up doing is taking a grounded lead to each pin on each chip I see and see if I can reset it that way...

17. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

That might be the only way what is the model of motherboard

18. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

The only thing I can find on there that looks like a model number is "S4083 SA10E+VISTA"

19. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

BTW: It's a Toshiba Satellite A105-S2236 (Model No. PSAAKU-009006)

If that helps.

20. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I think they say 1428 on them, or fuck, this was on the A+ test, it has a number on the chip