Botox

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Icenhour, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

I have an appointment Thursday to get my forehead shot up with botox. This is not my first time, to be honest I have had quit a few things done to my face (go ahead make a dirty joke) and I have had botox before but by a plastic surgeon. This time I am going to a Dermatologist. This Doc has a huge office and also does Liposuction. I thought only Plastic surgeons could do that. I am starting to get nervous, and now starting to wonder the long term effects of shooting botulism in your face. I know there are horror stories on the internet ..but hell there are horror stories about everything i.e. vaccines, antibiotics, asprin etc... anyway... anyone know of any REAL BAD shit to come from botox.

I need it, I make mean faces all the time ... and people have said to my own sister " I am scared to talk to Rhonda... she looks mean" and other comments like that. When I had it before I noticed people were nicer to me and not so standoffish.

plus Nicole Kidman seems to be doing ok .

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Get happy with the face you have. The problem is on the inside of your head, not the outside.

Trust me on this. I do it for a living.

3. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

I am happy with my face, just happier with it when it is full of botulism :)

The problem is not inside my head ... its on my forehead ... I dont really have a wrinkle problem... unless I purposely make a mean face... but even when I am just looking normal, I look mean, except when I had botox.

You cant tell me that you don't think the women on makeover shows don't look better after having some work done... look at these http://www.botoxcosmetic.com/how_botox_works/before_after.aspx

You do botox for living?

4. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

ok so no replies with horror stories... thats good. They called me this AM and asked if I wanted to moved my appointment up to today at 2:45 - I said sure. I am not a nervous person, I have no idea why I am nervous this time. So I guess if you don't hear from me - I am dead. Unlikely... but I did see this http://wcbstv.com/seenon/botox.fda.injections.2.637330.html

"The consumer group Public Citizen says from 1997 to 2006 16 people died from Botox injections, four of them under the age of 18."
    "Of the 16 deaths, only one of them was from Botox used for cosmetic reasons."

so one in 9 years ... not bad.

5. GAS

GAS New Member

I'm willing to bet those pics are of best case scenarios, I just hope you don't turn out looking like a huge-foreheaded retard. But good luck!! ;)

6. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

naa came out just right. Only thing that sucks is... when my kid says something stupid , or acts tarded in public, I normally shoot him a certain look and he knows to stop.... Well now I cant.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

If you don't like your forehead, cut bangs. That's what I did. I have one line that bothered the hell out of me and a scar that didn't but I just cut them and I think I look better.

8. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

Im a fat chick - bangs make my face look fatter. then I look like Carnie Wilson.
    I think my forehead is fine... but I make mean faces ALL the time.. well not now- today there is less movement- I cant even raise my brows now. I like it- Im happy

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I think I saw your picture and there was no need for Botox. I believe Barry has it right. Its in your head but it is your money. As for the risk Pffft those statistics are not much probably safer in there getting botox than walking down the street outside the clinic. It will wear off and you will look just as mean as ever.

10. GAS

GAS New Member

Nothing wrong with looking mean I think. You kinda have a Cruella Deville look going on, looks kinda hot I think.

11. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

yeah I have the natural "bitch" look . If I was an actress I could never play the sweet hometown girl, or the innocent victim, or nice lady... I would only get bitchy, evil, cunt roles. My whole life I have never been called "cute" if someone wanted to give me a compliment on my face they would say ... striking, exotic, and one even said authoritative.

I still have the bitchiness look, just not so angry. Im trying to avoid the permanent "mean lines" that will be there in a few years.

thanks for the compliment

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I was watching DR 90210 and I thought of you. She was getting a liquid facelift. They didn't botox her forehead, they did a chemical peel. They botoxed her eyebrows to give them a little lift (I wonder if that's why Janice Dickinson's eyebrows look lumpy) and her laugh lines.

She looked better.