Blueberry Tea

Discussion in 'Fizood' started by Nauseous, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I know blueberries are good for you, so I thought I would get some blueberry tea and drink it. Yuck. I don't put sugar in my tea and maybe that was the problem with the taste but yuck. And it upset my stomach.

Back to the regular old green tea. I knew I shouldn't stray. I don't like fruity teas anyway.

Any tea drinkers out there?

What's your poison?

I used to drink Chai Spice from Stash all of the time. It was good stuff. I have some vanilla chai from Stash, but I don't drink it much.

I jsut drink green tea and hot water back and forth. I'm weird. I heat my water before I drink it. I don't like it cold.

2. Robman97

Robman97 Member

We get a big four pack from Sam's Club. It has like 12 or 15 different flavors. My favorite is the Peppermint.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have some peppermint tea somewhere. It's pretty good.

I just like plain old green tea with no sugar and hot water... and gatorade. I love gatorade. It's thrist aid for that deep down body thirst.

4. MissPist

MissPist New Member

I have a difficult time straying from the tea that I usually drink. It's pretty much green tea, chamomile, or white tea. Occasionally I go crazy on the tea aisle and end up w/ many types of tea that I know damned well I will never drink. Anything w/ginger is absolutely off my list. Wow- great story I know!

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have some chamomile. I read it was good for inflammation, but it seemed to upset my stomach.

Ever try that red "rooibos" tea? I'll drink it, but I don't really like it.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Anyone ever make onion tea?

I really do believe it helps me relax somewhat although its really mild in effect.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Onions give me diarrhea.

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You just drink the tea not the onion itself. It would more likely be all the cellulose fibre from onion itself that does that.

Apparently I'm not the only one who knows of this old time remedy.

This guy goes a little overboard IMO.

This one is more like what I'm used to.

Basically take a large onion slice in thin slices and put it in a small pot of boiling water (about 12 oz water) reduce to a simmer and check it in ~ and hour. Pour off the juice add something to enhance the flavor i.e. honey or a teaspoon of sugar maybe a little lemon. Even without sugar onion tea is not pungent like the onion itself.

Let me know if it helps you relax. Different people are different I suppose but I'm fairly confident it will have a positive effect.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I can't take any chances. I stay away from garlic too. Anything in the allium family.

10. BigEddie

BigEddie New Member

Speaking of onions, I love grilled onions. In N Out makes awesome burgers and when you order the burger with grilled onions = freaking heaven.

Oh wait, I think a bunch of you are east coasters, so no In N Out over there. Sorry. :(

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I like onions. They just make me sick. I love onion rings. But if I eat them, I'll shit nothing but oniony-smelling poop the entire next day.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

In and Out makes some pretty good burgers. If you ever in Mid Tennessee look for a "Back Yard Burger" joint. Sort of gourmet burgers at a fast food place. They are good.

If in Texas you've go to try "Whataburger" good old fashioned greasy burgers and they will grill your onions and jalapenos for you all you have to do is ask.