A&W Rootbeer Float Soda

Discussion in 'Fizood' started by Nauseous, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I had this last year and liked it. I don't like floats, but this was kinda like a vanilla coke without all the burn and nastiness of coke (Pepsi drinker here). I remember them being kinda smooth and good.

Anyway, I buy some this weekend but the packaging says "New" and I know damn well they aren't new. Kroger is good at selling shit that is old, so I am leary about stuff from Kroger even though I am a faithful customer and only get my groceries there (I just check the expiration date on EVERYTHING and stay away from "Manager's Specials").

Well, these bottles don't have expiration dates.

So I need a favor... If anyone is out and you see them (they come in a four pack), will you check to see if the packing says "New" in orange and white letters? That way I will know that they are probably okay to drink and not really old. It having skim milk in it makes me a little leary. I mean, how fresh can milk be after a year? Why is there no expiration date? Coke has it. Hell even electric dishwashing detergent has it. Why not this stuff? :confused:

2. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

if you are talking about the one in glass bottles ... the Exp date is printed in black ink on the actual bottle... hard to see with the cola in there...

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You mean, there's an actual canned/bottled 'root beer float' soda now?

That's almost as bad as the 'Big Red Float' flavor they offer here.

Folks, if Ice Cream is that hard to come by that you can't just mix the two damn things together and experience how it's supposed to taste, then you're probably not living in the right place.

It's probably as true to the real shit as margarine is to butter, olestra to oil, and saccharin to sugar. Probably just as unhealthy, too. :rolleyes:

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The only thing I can see printed on the actual bottle are alphanumeric digits. I don't have the bottle with me but I know one was like 05B09X5575 or something like that.

What part of the "I don't like floats" did you not understand? I hate rootbeer floats. They are disgusting. But these A&W things are kinda like rootbeer and vanilla flavoring mixed together. As I remember, it was smooth and not burn-your-throat-out carbonated.

5. Schmed

Schmed New Member

What is your signature?? I only ask because I made shirts that said that (WWCD?) not to long ago, a good friend of mine passed away, his name was Clark, so I made shirts for the close group of friends.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Ah... sorry to hear about your friend. It's nothing like that.

What Would Corey Do?

7. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Drugs??

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Why not get some sweetened vanilla syrup and add it to your root beer?

While you're at it, find someone at work that drinks diet coke & toss a couple mentos into their bottle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmBY5CUTLvc