90's Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nauseous, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Aww... the nineties... high school, graduation, drugs, grunge... it was so cool.

Bands, please.

2. Fugly

Fugly Administrator Staff Member Fugly Staff

I graduated in 1989. Does GWAR count? I remember seeing the video for Smells Like Teen Spirit on MTV and telling people that they were going to be a huge hit.

That reminds me of a joke. Q: What's red and has more brains that Kurt Kobaine? A: His garage wall.

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

NWA (yea for the homies - Automobile, one of the best songs ever written)
    Nirvana (of course)
    Pearl Jam
    NIN

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Did you graduate or was that the year that you got your GED?

I listened to some GWAR in highschool... around 1992. I wasn't a big fan of them, this guy brought me tapes everyday to school of theirs and I would go home and listen to them. I remember one song about some quadrapelgic drinking yoo-hoo and they killed her and put her in garbage bags by the side of the road.

Ah... here it is...

"I met her at a donkey show.
    She was minutes past thirteen.
    Sucking on a cherry yoo-hoo.
    Reading "Nugget" magazine.
    Cum splattered tube-top.
    Scrawny pre-pube tits.
    That's when I saw she was quadraplechick.
    And I said "Baby you're looking good"
    That's when I noticed her legs were wood
    I grabbed a stump and dragged her out the door
    I need a hole
    I don't need no hips
    I laid a line of coke on her tits
    That's when I ripped off her dirty shit-filled drawers
    [Chorus:]
    Good, should, could, I think it feels pretty good [x2]
    So good, so good, so good, so good, so good, so good [x a lot]
    It wasn't nothing pretty, she took my genital germ
    Her limbless body thrashed about filled with infected sperm
    I criss-crossed with the cables,
    I smashed her face through a door
    They found her in a plastic bag down by highway 64
    And I said "Baby your looking good"
    That's when I saw her legs were wood
    And all you people...
    You just can't understand
    I need a hole
    I don't need know hips
    I need the taste of dick on my lips
    I fucked her asshole with a piece of frozen shit"

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I would have to go through my album collection for this thread. Almost my entire collection is from the 90's. I have no idea who any bands are now.

6. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I was all about the grunge in the early 90's. Loved AIC, PJ, Nirvana, Soundagarden. Also into Ugly Kid Joe and Faith No More back then. Korn in the mid-90's.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Temple of the Dog

8. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Goin' hungraaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That's kinda funny. When it comes to 90s bands I draw a blank. I guess cause I dont want to think that far back.

Soundgarden did kick ass though.

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I didn't bring my CD case in to see what all I have.

I listened (and still do to some of these bands) Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Babes in Toyland, Dinosaur Jr, Lemonheads, Janes Addiction, Danzig, Faith No More, Alice In Chains, Pavement, School of Fish, Smashing Pumpkins, Soul Asylum, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Nitzer Ebb, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Mercury Rev, Flaming Lips, The Pixies, Matthew Sweet, Teenage Fanclub, Toadies, Screaming Trees, Doughboys, Grapes of Wrath, Skydiggers, Uncle Tupelo, Our Lady Peace, Jayhawks... I could go on, but I will stop for now. There were also some songs from bands that were played on the radio that I liked but never bought the whole album like Toad the Wet Sprocket.

Some of these bands actually were formed in the early 80's but I didn't hear 'em until the 90's.

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I had all of their albums but Chris Cornell's voice could really annoy the shit out of me after a while.

12. Surrogate-Failsafe

Surrogate-Failsafe New Member

I grew up on 90s bands, mostly through older people I knew. Hmm.

Smashing Pumpkins were a biggie, and Metallica's stuff in the 90s. I used to hear a lot of Tori Amos on the radio but I didn't figure out who she was until much later. Nirvana and Weezer. Veruca Salt is a biggie, my older sister listened to them nonstop when she was a teenager. The Cardigans, Oasis are also in my childhood. But most of my childhood was a bunch of 80s music and soul.

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I remember Veruca Salt. They had that song 'Seether'. I think that came out my senior year. So did that Elastica song, "Connection."

14. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

If you're talking about 90's music you can't forget.

STP
    Pearl Jam
    Mr. Bungle
    Chili Peppers
    Dr. Dre The Chronic (Who Didn't bump this album?)
    Courtney Love

I would have to go my 90's collection as well. This just stand out to the others already named.

Kurt was our John Lennon.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I listened to a lot of Pavement in the 90's.... Stephen Malkmus is awesome-oh.

Fuck, I listened to his album, "Face the Truth" for the last three weeks straight before I made a compilation of free music from insound.com. Which is where I found "Pinback" and this band that's been someone popular for a year now, but I never heard of until last week called, "Band of Horses".

I listened to Sonic Youth and The Lemonheads a lot too. Oh, and School of Fish, but no one knows who they are.

Eugenius was another good 90's band that didn't get a lot of play. It's funny because Nirvana did a lot of The Vaselines covers and Eugenius was Euguene Kelly's band and Kurt Cobain was a big fan of him. I didn't find this out until last year. I heard Eugenius one night watching Much Music's version of 120 minutes. It was called "City Limits". (I am an American who grew up watching Canadian television) I found out about Tool from a show called "Power 30". Alice in Chains hosted the show and they were raving about them. The first song I heard was "Hush" and I was jamming to "Opiate" in the high school parking lot back in 10th grade. Oh, the 90's...