'87 Porsche 944

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nauseous, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I found one and I feel like I want to buy it. I'm wondering how wise that would be.

Are they really terribly expensive to upkeep? It's not going to be my everyday driving car. I just want to drive it from time to time and not at all in the winter. I haven't found out how much it is, so that would definitely be a factor. It has some minor cosmetic damage to the front which doesn't bother me a bit because I love it and have wanted a porsche since I was a kid playing with matchbox cars.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You = not car person.

This purchase = not a good idea.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Not a car person as in I don't know how to work on them? I don't get it.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

the 944 is like the ghetto porsche.

911 is the way to go. They are a pain in the upkeep area, unless you have lots of disposable income and a fetish for these porsche.

The 911 of the same age would be a better purchase.

How many miles are on it, and how much do they want for it? I still dont care for the 944.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It's a cool car and ghetto is only way for me to get a porsche. I like the 944. The odometer says 67k.

It looks like this one. Still has the Porsche rims.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

thats really low miles, you have a mechanic you can take it to? Id go and have it checked out. then if the price is right, go for it.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I wasnt sure the color, but this is with all the options and 'average' condition.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, they want 5k and I guess the transmission is sloppy, so I guess it wasn't meant to be.

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

That is kinda high, what kind of condition was the rest of the car in?

That year car the transmissions werent real tight, I would check around in some porsche forums to see what they say about the transmissions in them. If the car is in really excellent shape it might be worth it.