2010 Camaro

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nauseous, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Fucking sexy, I know... I just hope GM brings out the Pontiac Firebird version of this car.

They're the same car, but I've always preferred the cosmetic styling the Firebird offered in the past - can't wait to see what they can do to this new model... :biggrin:

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I'm a little bit apathetic that they will come out with the big HP model we will see though.

That car is a work of art. Chevy rules! :cool:

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

...just give Pontiac a shot at making it sexier... I leave a cream colored stain in my undies just thinking about it. ;)

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The camaro is going to have a 300+ HP V-6 and a 425HP V-8.

I havent seen any mileage numbers. The camaro is a good looking car, I just like the size of the Challenger better. The Camaro is going to be about the same size as the Mustangs, and my head hits the roof in the mustang.

:)

Plus, MOPAR or NOCAR... :)

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Pontiac would make the grill look like shit. Pontiac almost always makes the worst generic looking grill designs. They've only made a handfull of cars that had nice grills.

Chevy needs to update their damn emblem. I hate that tacky gold bowtie. They need to at least change the color. They put that gay chrome all over shit and then slap on a gold bowtie and it totally clashes. They should make the bowtie the same color as the car or at least match it with the tacky chrome.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You know where they got the idea for that emblem?

The founder of GM was taking a shit in a French hotel bathroom, and liked the pattern on the wallpaper. Thus, the bowtie was born. :)

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Hmm... how ironic it looks like shit today.

I wish that there was some game in which you could design a car. I think I could make some nice looking vehicles.

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Maybe on the Pontiac version they can bring back the indian chief logo. I always liked that.

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I don't remember that one... The only thing I remember is that painted hood...

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Pontiac back in the 50s I guess had an indian chief as the 'logo'.

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That's really tacky. I prefer the arrow.

An American Indian Headdress was used as a logo until 1956. This was updated to the currently used American Indian red arrowhead design for 1957. The "arrow-head" logo is also known as the Dart.
    Besides the 'Indian head' logo, another identifying feature of Pontiacs were their 'Silver Streaks' - one or more narrow strips of stainless steel which extended from the grille down the center of the hood. Eventually they extended from the rear window to the rear bumper as well, and finally; along the tops of the fins. Although initially a single band, this stylistic trademark doubled to two for 1955 - 1956. The Silver Streaks were discontinued the same year the Indian Head emblems were; 1957.
    Other long-familiar styling elements were the split grille design (from 1953 onward) and 'grilled-over' (in the 1960s), or multiple-striped taillights. This later feature originated with the 1963 Grand Prix, and though the '62 GP also had rear grillework, the taillight lenses were not behind it.

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I sound like I am bashing Pontiac. I am not. I have owned 4 cars in my entire life and they have all been Pontiacs.