11 Democrats busted spying for Russia, biggest bust since cold war

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joeslogic, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Aballister

Aballister New Member

The Canadian constitution limits the status of the federal government when legislating for provinces. So what's your point?

As you might have forgotten I don't live in the U.S and I don't know everything there is to know about American politics. I try to keep up but I only have so much time to sit on my ass Googling American senators and policies.

2. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I can't even remember what my fucking point was anyway. Those were some gnarly tires by the way. Nice pics.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

According to the Constitution of the United States the Federal government has very limited powers. The state and local governments are to provide for thinks like you mentioned.

It's a beautiful thing when done right. If you do not like the way your county or city does things then get up off your ass and move elsewhere. Cheesedog however would think of someone moving elsewhere as genocide or something.
    But you have all these counties, cities, and states to choose from.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The Branches of the Federal government. And duties according to some.

Legislative

* Also known as Congress.
    * Makes all laws.
    * Only Congress can declare martial law. Federal executive orders are not constitutional as they are executive, not legislative.
    * Controls all the money; taxes, borrows, and sets the budget (with exception of inappropriate spending by central bank).
    * Has sole power to declare war.
    * Oversees, investigates, and makes the rules for the government and its officers.
    * Confirms the heads of the executive branch.
    * Confirms federal judicial appointments, and defines by law the jurisdiction of the judicial branch in cases not specified by the Constitution.
    * Ratifies treaties.
    * Originates and tries cases of impeachment.

Executive

* Also known as the President.
    * Preserves, protects and defends the Constitution.
    * Faithfully executes the laws of the United States.
    * Executes the instructions of Congress.
    * May veto laws (but the veto may be overridden by Congress by a 2/3 majority) or refuse to execute them if s/he deems them unconstitutional.
    * Executes the spending authorized by Congress.
    * Executes the instructions of Congress when it declares war or makes rules for the military.
    * Declares states of emergency and publishes regulations and executive orders.
    * Creates treaties, and appoints judges and other executive heads, both with the advice and consent of the Senate.
    * Has the power to grant pardons for crimes against the United States.
    * Has the power to put flags at half staff.
    * Is the commander in chief of the armed forces.

Judicial

* Determines which laws Congress intended to apply to any given case
    * Determines whether a law is unconstitutional
    * Determines how Congress meant the law to apply to disputes
    * Determines how a law acts to determine the disposition of prisoners
    * Determines how a law acts to compel testimony and the production of evidence
    * Determines how laws should be interpreted to assure uniform policies in a top-down fashion via the appeals process, but gives discretion in individual cases to low-level judges. (The amount of discretion depends upon the standard of review, determined by the type of case in question.)
    * Polices its own members
    * Is never immune to arbitrary dismissal by Congress through impeachment proceedings

HOWEVER

The Tenth Amendment restates the Constitution's principle of federalism by providing that powers not granted to the national government nor prohibited to the states by the Constitution of the United States are reserved to the states or the people.

Currently

The Executive branch of our government openly despises the constitution.
    And he is supposed to preserve, protect, and defend it?

His job is to faithfully execute the laws of the United States but as you can see in the Arizona example for instance instead he obstructs enforcement of the laws of the United States.

And all that shit you mentioned whatever it was like educations ,fire departments, and whatever else. That is for the states to decide not the federal government.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Thanks - the white Suburban has 38.5"H x 15"W Boggers, sitting on 6" suspension lift, and the black Blazer has 44"H x 18.5"W Swampers, riding on 14" suspension lift.

The Boggers are new, but the Swampers are pretty worn, one is almost bald - still, there's about an inch or rubber left on the bald one. Still makes it up to highway speed.

I want to take it to a flooded-out street and have someone take a picture of me making twin tsunamis right past the barricade, with a caption: "Fuck your low water crossing." :biggrin:

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Joe - if you put up another Pelosi video, I'm sending the bill to replace a vomit-covered keyboard and monitor straight to your door.

8. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

back to the subject of democrats

Jesus Jumped-up Christ, started getting motion sickness watching th numbers change on this thing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

check it out

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

~ 300 Billion in oil imports, 20+ percent of the population out of work. And Obama shuts down domestic drilling offshore. So two numbers are bound to go up and that is unemployment and oil imports.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/7101738.html

First rig sails away over drilling ban
    Lawmakers and experts fear loss is only the start of offshore exodus

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah, yeah you know your hot for her. :biggrin:

You know speaking of the astronomical odds against this kind of a blowout. Take a look at the guy drilling the relief well to cap the Gulf spill.

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

The part they never mention is what exactly happens at the precise moment they intersect the well? Seems as if all that pressure would create a second geyser. Do they pressurize the dry well before it intersects, call the drill head a loss, and bury the whole thing in drilling mud, or what?

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Makes sense to me. I wonder if the heat generated by the concrete plays a factor in causing solid methane to turn gas and pressurize to super high levels.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I know I can make methane gas with the simple pull of a finger...

14. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

I wouldn't say that. I think that having different laws in different areas to suit different people is a good thing. It just gets to be a pain in the ass when EVERYPLACE has the same laws.

For instance... seatbelt laws. Growing up in the eighties... this asshole named Ralph Nader pushed for more safety laws. I have no problem with making laws that say "Children under 3 must be in car seats." or laws for transporting invalids and such. But in every state now... if you are driving... you have to wear a seat belt. Shouldn't that be a personal choice? Who gets hurt other than yourself? That was the only thing that held those laws at bay for so many years. Not anymore. Everywhere is the same.

Same goes for smoking. I don't think there is a bar in America anymore that a guy can smoke a cigarette in. I understand some people don't like smoke... but go to a non-smoking bar. Bars are all about alcohol and smoke. Even when I didn't smoke I could easily tolerate smoke in a bar because it was expected. Everywhere is the same now. It's bullshit.

So moving isn't always an option. If one of these days a state decides to put it's people's wishes ahead of its own agenda.... I'd love to live there.

15. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I knew you would come around

Right exactly

Bars should have no smoking restrictions I mean it's a fuckin bar! Now I no sooner want to be inconvenienced by having to sit next to a smoker in a restaurant. Its about like having dinner in a stinkin toilet. But it should be up to the restaurant to decide which part of the population that they want to cater to and get money from. Smokers or non-smokers?

Well the irony there is half the population of the US think the state is their for them. We have seriously stupefied the population half the population is about as smart as a bag of potato chips.

16. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

If you don't like the laws in a state... you have the right to contest them. But lawmakers are going to do what they want regardless of what WE THE PEOPLE want.

17. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The majority of them yes. And to avoid the friction. They just decide what they want then convince a majority of the population of what they want to be the same. Then move forward ever so diligently obstructing the facts from being known.

Deceit is hard work if they put near as much energy into just doing what is right the world would be much better off.

So the question is what is right?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  18. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

For once.... I'm in total agreement with Joe about this.

19. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well we are not that far off really its just that you give those liberals way more trust and credit than I do. Which is not hard I already know if they open their mouth they are either telling a lie or setting themselves up for one.