09 Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'Cars' started by phatboy, Aug 24, 2008.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, I drive my crappy little Acura to work (the black one in my other thread), the wife has an Accord. Once I buy her that crappy little beetle I can trade in the Accord, cause I aint driving the mini-van (no offense maj). I was actually going to trade it in on an Altima, because they get pretty good mileage and arent as homely as the Accord.

But when I went and saw the Challenger, it was like, hmmmmmm.

I should probably jetison my F-250 and Camper too.....

2. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I thought we covered this: I drive a very manly GMC Yukon SLT. It's a very manly pink with coral interior and periwinkle seat covers.

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

After your chica gave it to you. With all the hello kitty stickers on the windows... and the little flip flops on the back...

:)

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

As long as it has dingleberry trim around the upper door rims, everything's cool...

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

So today I am going down the road and decide to stop in and see if they have any of the RT versions out of the Challenger. Well they got 2. One white w/auto and some nice RT stickers running up onto the hood, from the side. One was just a Red one w/6-Speed. Well they asked if Id like to take it for a spin. Yea, does a cat have an ass?

So I take this sweet little red 6-speed for a spin. Damn what a sweet fucking ride. The 370HP hemi rumbles nicely when you crank it up. The clutch is a little different from my Acura, so smooth shifting was not mine. It pulled very good in 5th gear, even at only 40mph. The shifter was an extremely short throw version. The interior is spacious, with three seats in the back. Very smooth ride. LIke it a lot.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I'd want the 6-speed but not in red. Don't they had that bright ass green with the flat black accents?

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Hmm just looked looks like you gotta get the srt8 to get the Black accents and the best color scheme is Hemi Orange. IMHO

Now thats a sweet looking ride.

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

All the colors and stripes are available on the RT and SRT.

The stripes are just a sticker package, and they actually have a few different variables. They dont have the 'sublime green or plum crazy purple' (yet) They do offer the classic b5 blue which looks pretty good, kind of like a metallic 'Petty' blue.

I like the 6-speed but the clutch is so much different from my acura it's crazy. The acura has the old school manual clutch, the Challenger has the hydraulic assist clutch.

The white one looks good, they have two types of red, one called 'Tor Red' and one called something else (kind of a metalic burgundy). The Hemi orange is the only 'classic' color offered besides the b5 blue.

There are a couple of nice accessories like a shaker hood, that you can get from Dodge. The even have a wing to replace the decklid spoiler.

Now I just have to get my wife a car (she wants a new beetle convertible) then I can get my challenger. I am hoping by the first of the year (when the sublime green comes out)....