think I need to go to ER

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by BIGMAMA, Mar 14, 2009.

1. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I have had diarrhea all week, but last night it went crazy... I could not sleep, I was up like every 20 minutes... just spraying lemonade out my ass. I ate something at 7am.. threw it up, ate at 4pm, threw it up... I cant keep anything down, not even water, I have a head ache - feel like shit, have really bad stomach pains ...I have never really ever had continuous belly pain like this in my whole life.
    I know in the ER they would just give me fluids... I tried to put IV cath in my left arm (where my good vein is) but the angle was weird ...and I wasted 2 caths...and now my only good IV site..looks like I have been shooting up.
    So now I dont want to go the ER... and explain my junkyish looking arm... and Im waiting for the Arab to come over and put an IV cath in me...
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the stinky burps I had earlier this week.

ona good not, a week of squirts, I do feel skinny

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

You need go to the ER!!! You need to get your guts X-rayed and CT scanned. IV fluids aren't going to help anything but the headache.

Where is the pain? Right side could be your gallbladder, left side your pancreas. Around the belly button would be your small intestine. You could have some sort of obstruction going on and you have to go to the hospital, damnit. If part of your intestine becomes strangled, you can die.

I hope you've already gone and that you are okay.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well I think you should go. And it seems to me that it would be highly likely the stinky burps (sour stomach) played a big part.

4. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I have no gal bladder, the pain in all over my belly like a 6 inch diameter around the belly button.
    I feel better today, I did 2 bags of fluid last night, IV cath is still in so I am about to another bag.... I will try to eat/drink in a few hours... if I cant keep that down, I will go to the ER.. I hope they are not pricks and insist on taking this IV cath out and putting their own in. I only have ONE good vein... last time I was in this position, they took my cath out... then poked me 7 times in 5 places to get their IV in...wasted 7 IV caths ($2.16 per cath) fucking stupid... or maybe they get them cheaper from buying in larger bulk. Im a fat chick so my veins are deep...under the layer of lard ...

whenever I get an IV ...I think about Iggy Pop... and his huge bulging Mcdonald straw veins....kinda weird

I dont think I have anything obstructed... The diarrhea has stopped today... but only because I have nothing left to poop... it all gets thrown up. Oh and from the 2 bags, I finally peed. I think it is just a nasty bug... The Arab wanted to do a dodo test last night... and we stuck the big Q tip up my but...but I have no poop. it was clean as can be.. so I will test myself for parasites when I get some poop again.

My lower back hurts now, I think it is my kidneys, oh and I started my period today.

But I look on the bright side... hey _ I should be over my period by next weekend... and I should fit into my skinny dress as well.. woohoo...

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Glad you're feeling better.

I get pain like that. It's hard to pinpoint where. It just feels like all over the area around my belly button. I just blame my small intestine for it.

I'd try a banana, rice, applesauce or toast to start out with. (The BRAT diarrhea diet). I read a banana was the easiest food in the world to digest, so I eat them EVERYDAY.

I puree the shit out of everything. And in times of really bad pain, it does seem to help. It at least gets rid of the reflux.

Where do you stick yourself? I always get stuck in my hand. I have pretty decent veins to see, but they are small and hard to poke. For a draw, they always blow the vein in my arm. For an IV, they seem to do alright in my hand.