The second great depression

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

After having every card in the deck stacked in his favor Obama has taken us into the second great depression.

With the US trapped in depression, this really is starting to feel like 1932

Dow Repeats Great Depression Pattern: Charts

WAYNE ALLYN ROOT: Barack Obama: The great jobs killer

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Obama's State $5.01 billion in the red and he is leading us where?

So just what kind of "change" are we in for?

Illinois Stops Paying Its Bills, but Can’t Stop Digging Hole

By MICHAEL POWELL
    Published: July 2, 2010

3. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Something I wonder... Why is it that in the article they refer to Obama tax cuts as "handouts", while Bush did the same and was celebrated for doing so? Are tax cuts only handouts when a democrat does it?

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Honestly I don't get it, are you talking about:

Or some other reference to handouts?

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Here watch this video series. Going back to the early 80's this is when several countries were influenced by the book "Free to Choose" by Dr. Friedman.

Those countries are the ones that turned around their economy since then and are major success stories today.

http://www.ideachannel.tv/

They did the opposite of what Obama is doing.

6. Aballister

Aballister New Member

No that's the one... Why are they saying that the handouts were mislabeled as tax-cuts? Isn't a tax-cut beneficial? When people give less to the government they spend more. Isn't that a conservative golden rule?

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Lets say you live in a neighborhood that charges HOA fees on a graduated scale. (understanding you are new to this concept of math and economics) Your neighbor pays 150.00 a month you pay 75.00 and the neighbor on the other side of you pays zero HOA fees although he enjoys the benefit of the neighborhood pool, yard maintenance etc.

The new president of the HOA raises your fee to 100.00 and your neighbor that previously paid 150.00 goes to 175.00 and the neighbor who paid zero gets the benefit of a check in the mail for 50.00 and zero bill.

Did they lower anyone's HOA fees?

Answer is no they did not. You have to pay a fee to have it lowered instead they redistributed it.

;)

8. bigpappadiaz

bigpappadiaz Member

Everything stacked in his favor? Joe... I don't think anyone will ever be able to get through to you. Not as long as you keep beaming FOX News shit into your brain day in, day out. Nothing was ever stacked in his favor. The shit was going to hit the fan regardless of who was in office. The housing industry was still crashing, the American people were slowly but surely falling behind on their bills, the banks were still going to be low on liquidity and were going to fail.

Obama hasn't changed anything. If you're mad at that then that's fine. But this shit that we're in isn't his fault. I thought it was nice that we could finally elect a man of color into office but I didn't have any delusions that he'd fix everything like so many people did.

It seems like when I first started posting here 8 years ago or so you were a little more open to discourse and could be reasoned with. Nowadays you're just another drone. You've let yourself fall victim to the propaganda, man, and you don't even realize it.

9. chumwad84

chumwad84 New Member

10. chumwad84

chumwad84 New Member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  11. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Ah shit, what's the point? Joe has put on the blinders and just mindlessly obeys Limbaugh & friends.

This article shows that under Bush, the Pentagon couldn't account for $1 trillion missing and the armed forces lost track of 56 airplanes, 32 tanks, and 36 Javelin missile command launch-units.

Here is a Congressional record that states that under Bush Jr, 2 million jobs were lost.

Even Wikipedia says that Bush Jr sucked: "The poverty rate increased from 11.3% in 2000 to 12.3% in 2006 after peaking at 12.7% in 2004. By October 2008, due to increases in domestic and foreign spending, the national debt had risen to $11.3 trillion, an increase of over 100% from the start of the year 2000 when the debt was $5.6 trillion. By the end of Bush's presidency, unemployment climbed to 7.2%."

This chart says that a shit load of jobs were also lost under Bush Jr:

But it's a waste of breath. It's all the democrats' fault and republicans piss holy-water. As far as I'm concerned, republican shit doesn't smell any better than mine. Only a fucking retard would believe that only one party is capable of corruption and over-spending.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Looks like Rumsfeld was way ahead of the curve and no one was interested in listening.

Now since he is gone the situation went from the frying pan and into the fire.

Next some dumb ass will post a bogus and blatantly false bar graph copied from a left wing blog.

13. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Personally.... i don't give a fuck whose fault our failing economy WAS. I really don't care who is going to fix it. Either one or the other party... FIX THIS SHIT! I'm sick of them pointing fingers at each other and saying "They are blocking our efforts to help." Put aside all of your bullshit and get us back on track. It's their job to do so... and so far little has been done by either party. Obama was right when he said we needed change. He needs to get on with it.

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Then it's simple.

Put an end to the Community Reinvestment Act, like the Republicans were trying to do before the Democrats took over in 2006.

15. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

16. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

What a clown you are with your bogus charts.

17. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

My prediction then

My prediction then

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Next prediction is that the market will be optimistic seeing the possibility of the Democrats losing the House. You watch the stock market will follow the poll numbers.

Not perfectly but there will be magnetic like pull to the North for Republicans and to the South for Democrats. This will influence the market by a percentage of what the numbers otherwise would have been.

19. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Is that all you ever talk about? Jesus fucking Christ. If I'm a clown in this shit circus, you're the bearded lady giving cheap blowjobs behind the fucking cotton candy vendor. Get off your fucking holier-than-thou pedestal and grab a fucking brain. It's fucking easy to call my shit bogus. Well guess what? All of your fucking "evidence" has been declared bogus. You want to argue like a fucking 6th grader, I'll give you the same fucking attitude.

So shove your Nostradamacunt bullshit up your ass. Jesus Christ, you go even as far as calling yourself the "all knowing one".

20. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ha ha ha ha!

Don't blow a gasket now.

Yes your chart from some guys blog is bogus. And knowing how the real facts would be twisted is the reason I posted the snapshot thread.

Something about those annoying facts they are stubborn and do not seem to change overtime.:biggrin: