THE GOLDMAN SACHS SMOKING GUN n other stuff the liberal media will not tell sheeple

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joeslogic, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Obama has been busted big time. America does not know that Obama took more GS money than Bush/ Enron. But the stupid public were told to be enraged about Enron and that massive "Bad Stuff" had gone on witch is common knowledge. *but no one can explaine what this "bad stuff" is :rolleyes: *

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH GOLDMAN SACHS? **Don't bother trying if your stupid because it takes more effort than just sitting on the couch and agreeing with John Stewart or Kieth Olberman. Stupid need not try to read**

So in the end of the "investigation" GS will walk away vindicated. New regulations will kill GS competition and Obama team and GS will win the day.

Meanwhile

Both Rahm Emanuel and Barrack Hussein Obama have said unequivocally that they never knew of the SEC investigation led by Obama appointed Democrats. That is until the same time we the rest of America found out through the news.

Well

Goldman's boss visited Obama at the White house 4 times while the SEC was informing GS of a pending investigation and setting demands for information to be turned over.

Meanwhile the 1000 lb gorilla in the room is that EVERYONE with common sense knew the CBOs would fail and that the Democratic pockets were greased already to ensure a bailout. This seems logical since it was the Democrats that forced the problem with the CRA and forcing mortgage companies to make risky loans.

DOES ANYONE DOUBT THIS IS STILL GOING ON? The CRA and its REGULATIONS are still in force and were never retracted. :rolleyes:

Now its a shakedown. You pay us in political contributions or we select to enforce regulations that will destroy you.

And Goldman Sacks does not care they are making a killing.

Goldman Sachs Will Be Sitting Pretty With Emanuel in the Obama White House

Rahm Emanuel’s Ties To Goldman Sachs

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

7. Aballister

Aballister New Member

The problem with the banks, and I'm not just talking about Goldman and Sachs, has been brewing for decades. Pointing the finger at a particular party is a sign of utter naivety. For example, it is not uncommon for the Secretary of Treasury to have had a previous experience working for a major bank or firm. I have in mind people like Robert Rubin or Timothy Geithner (who's closest aides have also earned millions of dollars from Goldman & Sachs). It's been going on forever.

It's a bit of a conundrum because the most qualified people in the US in regards to economical management, have all begun their careers working for major firms. As a matter of fact, it's the only way to get noticed. So of course, when they make it to the office of the treasury, they will give their former bosses a break. The same thing is going on with the FDA, it's not uncommon for the head of the FDA to be a former Pfizer or Monsanto executive.

What is going on with G&S is a little complicated. I'll try to explain it in simple terms. There are things out there called derivatives, derivatives are a way to make money off another investment (also known as an underlying) through a futures contract.

For example, let's assume that Joeslogic is a wheat farmer and I'm a miller. It is in my interest to buy the wheat when it's cheap so I can turn a greater profit right? So I'll make an agreement with Joeslogic, we'll agree that I will buy all of his wheat 2 weeks before fall at a set rate. What Joeslogic doesn't know, is that I talked with a meteorologist and there will be a drought all summer. Effectively driving the price of wheat through the roof. The rate that we have set in the contract is above market value, so Joeslogic thinks he's making the big bucks but in reality he's getting screwed, see? But what if the drought never comes? I get screwed by buying Joeslogic's wheat for more than it's worth, effectively losing money in the process.

No picture this at a level where dozen of millions of dollars are in play. What G&S were doing was buying faulty financial products (knowingly) from an investor and reselling it to unsuspecting buyers (setting up an insurance on it in the process). So the buyers pay G&S for the product and G&S make money of the insurance they took on the faulty product. It's fraud, pure and simple. It has nothing to do with the party in power. It was a scam and they got busted. If anything people should be glad that these snakes don't screw people over anymore, especially in these tough times.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I'll simplify it. More regulations on top of unenforced regulations. By an inept government bureaucracy so that companies can be shaken down for loyalty campaign contributions. If you don't pay regulations will be enforced and you will die as a company. Pay however and politicians will look the other way and you will profit majorly.

GS will make a killing off this one.

There was not a need for Credit Default Swaps and other such insurance options until CRA FORCED the mortgage companies to make bad loans.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

IndyMac Attack: Did Schumer, Paulson, Soros, and the CRL Kill the Bank and Profit From Its Collapse?
    by Andrew Mellon

REMEMBER

Goldman Sachs wants regulation, not laissez-faire
    By: Timothy P. Carney
    Examiner Columnist
    April 21, 2010

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  10. Aballister

Aballister New Member

You are disastrously misinformed.
    Companies are paying off all sorts of politicians. If you believe that the problem is inclusive to the left, you are one naive person. Both parties accept donations from corporations in return of favors. So don't try to make it seem like it's all the liberals' fault.
    If you would have bothered reading my post in its entirety you would have seen that this is a repeat of what I said before. Everybody is crooked.
    So take your hypocritical screams of outrage somewhere else. Or should I remind you of a few crooked republicans? Maybe I should remind you that Dick Cheney's former company, Halliburton, mysteriously earned all the building contracts in Iraq while Cheney was in office. Step off your dream cloud and quit seeing the republicans in such an angelic glow. Everybody in Washington is crooked. republicans and democrats are really all the same thing.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

If not Halliburton then who?

Tyco, Proctor Gamble, Revlon, The actors guild?

Who then if not Halliburton?

LOL :rolleyes:

Did you read my post?

To clarify it. More regulations on top of unenforced regulations. By an inept government bureaucracy so that companies can be shaken down for loyalty campaign contributions. If you don't pay regulations will be enforced and you will die as a company. Pay however and politicians will look the other way and you will profit majorly.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

There are precious few big companies that can swing that type of contract and meet obligations.

Maybe Kellogg Brown & Root *a Halliburton subsidiary* , possibly Schlumberger. Both with connections to Republicans.

Thing is companies support Republicans because Republicans are for government leaving their hands off business. For reasons of laissez-faire. And Business / economy when left alone thrives. Companies that support Democrats do so for protection money and corruption.

13. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. You know nothing of conservatism in its applicable format in the economy. Conservatism isn't about letting the companies do whatever they want. Free-market isn't about laissez-faire. Laissez-faire is simply another word for status quo, in other words, burying your head in the sand.
    Regulations are needed to protect consumers. If it wasn't for the FDA conducting audits, how would you know that you're feeding your kids lettuce contaminated with e-coli? Or who would inspect the meat you eat? Regulations when properly applied do not choke businesses, they merely enforce a standard of quality. And that standard of quality should reflect the country's standard of modernization. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to eat food that it isn't rigorously tested for microbes or bacterium. I wouldn't be proud to live in a country that shares standards with Mexico or Thailand.

I heard the other day that energy companies such as coal, hydro-electric, and nuclear have been self-regulated since 2004. In your country, at this moment, there are nuclear power plants that are completely devoid of government standards in safety and waste management. That is a scary thought.

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Incorrect, incorrect and wrong. :rolleyes:

Nothing more to say then. :rolleyes:

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I have read this topic, and if it weren't for my inebriated state, I would research and quantify the sources behind my logic in responding to the posts immediately preceding mine.

That being said, again, as of this posting, I am drunk.

I do not possess the willpower, nor the resolve, to stay focused long enough to research the subjects at hand and post a proper reply.

I read each of your arguments, and I just cannot help but be reminded (even in my drunken state) of the term: "Divide and Conquer!"

It seems to me, that neither political faction, whatever it names itself, exists for the sole purpose of promoting it's own existence, and with a side-note of fostering beliefs congruent with it's purported ideology.

The sole reason I side with the more Conservative leaning parties is that, even though they suffer from the same plagues that infect any political organization, they seem to pride themselves on the value of the productive individual.

In other words, their philosophy is geared towards the people most likely to contribute to both their, and their offspring's society.

This is completely opposite of the devoid mindset that liberals champion. Dependence on the State breeds dependence.

16. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I agree, and that's why I am a conservative. Although I am more progressive than the average tea-bagger, I still look forward to the day when everybody has a job and doesn't depend on the government. That being said, I also understand that a country cannot be completely devoid of government. There has to be some kind of oversight so that people do not get injured by a careless company. I cited the example of meat inspectors, would anyone here be proud to live in a country that shares its standards with third world countries? Regulations are needed in certain aspects of the business world.

17. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Everything in moderation. Except liberty and freedom anything that encroaches on those two must be stopped.

We have an outstanding FDA inspection system but the lawmakers keep adding more restrictions and then selectively enforcing them rather than less restrictions with 100 percent enforcement.

It's like if you are the restaurant inspector with a set of guidelines that if properly enforced would shutdown any restaurant in the city. Once every restaurant understands the rules are at the discretion of the enforcer then its just a matter of how much money to pay.

We don't need more government and we don't need more rules. We need honest non-corrupt officials.

18. Big_unsexy

Big_unsexy New Member

why so serious

19. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

:biggrin:

Its the serious forum knucklehead. ;)

20. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Your FDA is far from outstanding, the BGHs are still used in your country even though Europe, Canada, and even China banned them.

I found this interesting article from The Dallas Morning News (I know you're from Texas so I thought this one would interest you). It said that several processing food plants went without a license for years and it was unnoticed by the FDA. It also said that under Bush JR, the funding and efficiency of the FDA declined dramatically.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/021509dnnatfoodinspect.40ac8c5.html

Listen Joe, I'm all for government staying out of businesses and I'm against oppressing laws and regulations. But someone has to enforce the rules we already have in place. And when people like Bush Jr try to cut back on those rules citing "economic freedom", I call bullshit. It's just Bush being as corrupt as the libs, giving his buddies the right to cut corners and let bad shit go into your food.

Rules must be enforced. They're there for a reason. If the FDA says to sterilize your equipment at the end of the day, it's probably because not doing it will result in something bad. I mean, you wash your dishes at home don't you? You don't say that it's oppressive to have to clean your barbecue after each use.

PS.
    I found this comment at the bottom of the web page I gave you. What do you think he's talking about? I don't know the inner workings of the Texas assembly.

"Demanding lower taxes has put us all at risk. We are responsible for allowing Gov. Perry to have a $7 billion surplus but have inadequate state services, including inspectors - and all in the name of promoting a free market. The Grover Norquist's crowd has been given enormous influence with Texas' leadership. The Bill Hammons and the Texas Public Policy Foundation should walk with their tails between their legs. Unsurprisingly, Rick Perry, David Dewhurst and AG Greg Abbott are more concerned about protecting their crony friends than watching out for the public health and welfare. Speaker Straus is a breath of fresh air but we need the rest of our state leadership team replaced in 2010!"

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010