The BE REAL thread

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by ucicare, Apr 27, 2005.

1. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Since several want to "be real" here, I thought I would start. This is the COLD SOBER forum, and it should be serious. Four other forums exist for the purpose of being stupid.

I say we try to "be real" here in this thread, and the first person that bashes someone can be the first non spammer that Fugly ever banned.

A few real thoughts and confessions.

1. I can't bench 400 lbs. Did in college, can't now. I am so out of shape it is pathetic. i hate it, and can't seem to get a grip on my weight.
    2. I don't really hate Dan, Pimp, UT, Ulfer, FivePackhn or anybody else for that matter. I don't even dislike them.
    3. My family life is fine, but my job sucks. I feel completely ineffective and restrained by narrow minded people and red tape.
    4. I don't have any other identities here. I used "whocares" for a week, but everybody knew that.
    5. I really don't care what drugs any of you use. It is your life, destroy it if you want to. I just harrass people about it because it pisses them off.
    6. I wet the bed until I was 13. I still have nightmares about wetting the bed in summer camp.
    7. I don't care what you believe, but I really do Love Jesus and I am not the least bit ashamed of it. My life was completely changed when I was saved.
    8. I feel bad after I write some of the things here, and wish I could change them. I have no idea why, and it bugs me.
    9. I really do want to go fishing with Dwaine.
    10. Schmed has more character than any of you know. I trust him more than I would my neighbors.
    11. I really don't think that I am better than anybody. I am perfectly flawed in many ways, as is each of you.
    12. I think Nursey is right sometimes. The US is so screwed up in many ways. I love my Kids, my Country and my President, but all of them embarrass me regularly.
    13. Mia has never sent me any naked picutres, and I certianly have never sent anything like that to anybody. I hate that I even joked about it.
    14. I do think that Mia is attractive. I am glad she lives in Austrailia and not in Alabama.
    15. I like flowers and potted plants, even though I am not gay.

Anything else you want to know?

Your turn - what are you really like?

Barry

2. sawdusty

sawdusty New Member

I look like Dale Gribble from King of the Hill, though my sunglasses are much more cool.

Really.

3. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

Well...O.K., here it is: I'm sweet, fun-loving, always smiling and like I mentioned to Barry, I have two guys who want to commit to me and I can't: I have not been intimate with anyone for over a year now and that's why I sometimes come off like I'm "loose"...it's all a big bunch of bullshit to hide the fact that I'm a very decent, "good-girl".

I don't dislike anyone here, but I do get tired of being called a slut and a whore.

I'm very happy-go-lucky and am the best person to take out for a night on the town...I always make everyone around me laugh.

I agree with Barry: Schmed is, quite possibly, one of the best people I've had the privilege to get to know.

I'm a single Mom to a 5 year old, I struggle with my school and wake up at night overwhelmed at times at just how in the hell I'm going to make it; I don't want to rely upon anyone else and tend to be stubbornly independent. I drink too much beer, too often. I no longer take drugs, only because they don't fit into my life.

I come here to insult just to let off steam, and then at times regret saying what I did, only because I'm a very sweet person by nature.

I love to read and I love to take walks through the forests and gardens with my girl- I find after the madness of my younger years, beauty in the most simplistic things.

4. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

1: i came here to trash this thread but lost heart when i saw that barry loves me.. you DO love me don't you barry?

5. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

I am a smart ass bitch...really... just ask Sawdusty. I do enjoy intelligent discussions, occassionally a heated debate or two, and a good sense of humor. That's all I'm saying for now cause I don't trust y'all any further than I can hurl a garden gnome.

6. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide New Member

You said it not us.

I just me and thats all you need to really know "FOR NOW"

7. EngrOpsNCO

EngrOpsNCO New Member

1. I'm ambidextrous, but only on my right side.

2. My emotional state is usually the average of Bi-polar.

3. My wife tolerates my chronic masturbation much better than my impotence.

4. I quickly procrastinate enjoyable activities I don't like.

5. I never fucking swear.

Just your every day average red blooded American.

8. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

You aint gonna know everything about me but you can know some.
    i'm a 33 year old mother of 2 boys 9 and 11.Been with the same guy for 13 years ,married for 4 of them.I am expecting my 4th child in August so i'm miserable cow most of the time atm.Still madly in love with my husband and can't see it changing.My kids are my life.
    I come on here coz it cracks me up and i never feel bad about what i write coz it's all bollox anyway.
    I hate housework, i love Wow.
    Favourite comedian atm has to be Peter Kay.
    Favourite film Lord of the Rings triology.
    Favourite actor Ray Liotta.
    In the real world i like to think i'm a nice person, i find it hard to say no to people which i sometimes hate.As i said before i love my kids to pieces and they and my husband are my best friends and the people i spend 99% of my time with.
    If i could change 1 thing about myself it would be my height, i'm 4' 11" and clothes never fit and i have to ask for things on the top shelves in supermarkets.

9. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

1. While I have at times sounded melodromatic about what I have posted and might have posted to that effect, I have exaggerated but never intentionally outright lied about anything in all seriousness.

2. I have a lot of resentment over my cmb being rescinded for not meeting regs, which is why I mentioned getting it but not that it was rescinded for not being over the right border.

3. I think that one of the best things that ever happened to me was getting my first computer so even though I cannot always go outside, I can still interact with others.

4. I think that one of the best and worst things that ever happened to me was being banned from military.com. It was the worst because I lost it when people I had thought were close friends hurt me badly. It was the best because it caused me to get help offline and not online, which has been very good for me. The part that hurt the worst was that people who had helped me a lot on the ptsd forum began to hate me, even though I took every post I made there seriously, and got a lot of help from it for a long time. But like I said, the part that was the best is that I am now part of a group therapy once a week meeting and am getting a lot of help, and might possibly be going to a woman's inpatient ptsd program this summer as well.

5. The VA knows everything there is to know about me, and I have never said anything that was a lie or exaggeration to them; if anything I understated some things, which is why only the 30%, and which is why I am now with the help of my counselor and other female combat veterans continuing the fight and going for my 70% service connection.

6. I did take certain things such as the posting of the picture of my minor 16 year old daughter and I at this site, which I may be scatterbrained and a flake but have enough common sense to know that this particular venue is inappropriate enough for me to have never done this, and the posting of my full legal name, phone number, address, and google map seirously enough to borrow a .22 from someone until I can afford to buy a handgun and inform the authorities of both off and online. (wiredsafety.org, look it up for the definitions of cyber stalking and harrassment, was told of the site by lan individual in law enforcement )

7. While some may think I am a mercenary bitch, I did not defraud or rip off anyone, but was very honest about what my need for money was and what it would be used for. If I was just out to rip people off, I would not have chosen the truth, that I had a bad check at the DA, as the reason. I would have used something like my hot water heater springing a leak and flooding the hallway and making it imossible to have hot water, which actually happened, but for which I got help from my parents to take care of. The only reason I posted about that check at military.com was to ask for prayers, and when commodave started the thread you are damn straight I accepted what help was so kindly offered, and used it only for the express purpose stated, to pay for the check. Why not my parents? They were on vacation and couldn't be reached at the time, as I stated at the time but some people convieniently forgot.

8. I will give whatever explanation and statement I feel like, but am under no obligation to do so to anyone, and am so infuriated by all the bullshit that some have pulled that you can pretty much write it in stone that I will never give the info that would 'clear me' in the minds of most to anyone. I would sooner choke on my own shit and die than do so, because no one deserves to have it. So it is official. There will be no units, names, or dates. If you don't like it, too bad. If you hate me, so be it.

9. If I should ever meet someone in person that I consider a friend, I will give said friend any and all information that said individual desires, but I will not give it to people who have proven that they don't deserve to have it, particularly since I a.) did sign the NDA that there was no time frame on and so take it seriously b.) honestly regret saying some of the things I did because it was more than I ever should have, and so in a way deserve everything I am getting because of that. c.) no matter what I deserve in the way of false impressions or insults, still do not deserve having my personal information posted on the internet.

10. This is all I am going to say about this whole matter. I'm done with it as off now. I am not going to seriously respond to or 'listen' to anything else about it. Kidding around and the insultfest is one thing. To sometimes
    'play the dozens' and to vent frustrations and even be entertained and amused is what I come here for, not this bullshit.

There. I've said my piece and I'm done with it.

10. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

addendum to #6: I have also changed my phone number to an unlisted one..tyvm.

11. CBWIFE

CBWIFE New Member

Damn girlfriend....word for word what I was going to say.....

I can take alot of bullshit and hand out bullshit (with ease) but I actually enjoy a good discussions. I can be sarcastic, but I do have a good sense of humor...ask ROBMAN97...he's enjoying our Barracks (Boob thread)! Plus I make a hell of a ~sugar COOKIE~!! ;)
    But until some attiudes change I will continue to hold up the caution tape! I trust no one! Oh and thank for the advice on the usage of the dreaded "LOL"......ugh! :roll: :twisted:

later..

CB

12. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

13. unlimited-time

Jesus christ Medivet, you're used this thread to yet again explain what happened over on the other forum.When will you get the picture, noone here gives a fuck.What you failed to mention in the post is that you are as i've said before a drama queen.You crave the attention this is giving you. Barry could probably diagnose you alot better than me.
    If you didn't you would shut the fuck up about it all till it all died down as things always do on here.So i'll say it again, no one cares, no one is interested, all you've managed to do is bore or piss off people who are regulars on here.

14. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

I'm going to take my time with these....
    What is it you have exaggerated? How is exaggerating different than outright lying?

15. unlimited-time

God please no, she'll be typing a ten page answer.

16. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide New Member

Thank you for beating me to the question

17. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

Which border is it that you earned your CMB over? Was there Combat involved? Were you assigned to a combat unit?

18. CBWIFE

CBWIFE New Member

Damn UT...I think I earned a new friend...sorry, I don't have a big butt...tits yes, butt no! :D BellaDonna can attest to that, she's she seen pics.... :oops: :D j/k

19. unlimited-time

If there are tit pictures going around they need to be posted quick, there are alot of frustrated men on this forum.

20. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

Does being "resentful" justify lying about having an award you are not entitled to?