so PS3 499....Yes? No?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TheGrimJesus, Jul 10, 2007.

1. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

499 too me is a sound price. I wasn't expecting it and I can use the copies of Vista I won to finance the purchase of the box.

But it still boils down to the simple fact I want it for one game that might hit the 360. That's MG4. Grand Turismo looks good but from what I hear what you get out of the box sucks for 50 bucks. That you will need real cash to buy certain cars.

I'm really on the fence on this one. I don't need a 500 dollar paper weight even If I use MS shit to buy it.

2. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I'm watching the peter moore press conference right now. He is making the $499 ps3 laughable

3. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Yeah I just went from Elite to getting a Halo box. Also RE5 enough said.

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

yeah, RE5 looked amazing. the halo box, ironically, looks just like "the fugly forums" box. Olive green with a gold disk tray. Now, G4 an eat a big bag of Joe, for breaking into the bioshock demo with a goddamned commercial for Devry.

5. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I like the Halo box for the color but I'm not a halo fan.

But Assassin creed,RE5, Ace Combat 6, Live4dead and a few others are a must have.

Oh and puzzle quest on the arcade is just cake. That game is the shit.

6. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Fuck sony is choking hard

7. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

OK the big Sony price drop to 499 is utter bullshit now. They dropped the 60 gig version and introduced an 80 gig version with the 599 price tag.

I can still get a 120 gig xbox360 for 470......

8. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

OK Metal Gear 4 looks fucking amazing. They need to fucking say if it's hitting Xbox360 or not. Because I will buy a PS3 for MG4 then take the fucker back.

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Isnt there a number of replies you can do to yourself before it locks your account out? Some kind of anti-dan measure?

I dont know, I think they are all nothing more than PCs and the coding should be hacked sooner or later. Then we can all enjoy these crazy games on a 200.00 home pc that was built, or stolen, by a tweaker during chinese new year.

10. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I have no idea I should edit but I'm watching the conference and recording races and trying to post the updates from the crap Sony showed. Which is hardly anything.

11. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

yeah, it was disappointing, they did end with Killzone 2, which looked impressive, BTW Unreal tourny 2 is NOT proprietary to Sony, the release, yes, but there will be ports for the PC and 360. That was a semi-truth. Sony will get the exclusive release, thats all (I know I work there). wow, sony remade the shittiest platform ever, the PSP, whoopdee-fucking-doo

12. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

You work at epic?

13. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I am a lowly intern

14. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

hey that better then nothing.

15. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Yeah, I wish they come off the cuff and offer me a goddamned contract already

16. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Give them the great bank Crime game that plays like Rainbow Six except you plan Bank Heist and Jewelry Store heist and terrorist acts. You have to escape to win!

17. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I ain't giving them muffagahs nothing, until I get a contract. I have seen a few people come up with great ideas, and BOOM get terminated

18. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I would not doubt that.

19. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Does it fucking matter? Unless some drastic changes have taken place at SCEA's manufacturing headquarters, half of the damn consoles are going to ship defective - just as every Sony home console release since it's inception...

Not to say that Micro$oft hasn't had any problems lately, but at least they stepped up to the fucking plate and extended their warranty to 3 years on all the consoles.

20. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

this is true, Sony's E3 press conference was disappointing and lackluster at best. Heavenly sword looked good, and MGS4, other than that, PS3 isn't hitting on shit for me. Oh did I mention, Sony BLATANTLY LIED?