Sending off my 360 for the 2nd time.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TheGrimJesus, Jul 2, 2007.

1. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

It's not bad enough i went thru 5 original xboxs now I'm sending off my second 360. I told the lady I wanted a new console not a refurbished pos.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Did she laugh at you, or quietly placate your concerns before ordering the brown-box special?

3. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

She put it in the notes I wasn't an ass about it. I just told her that this is the second one and was refurbished and I would like them to send me a new one this time.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

So, they tell you they'll send you a new one, but when you get it in the mail, it's going to have save data for Harry Pothead on the HDD...

5. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

naw you don't send off your hd, I trust them as far as sending a new one. That's pretty much what they have been doing since the on going 3 redlights of death.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

They should send you a free stripper, too. In a 2 x 3 ft. box. Just to sweeten the deal.

7. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

The should send me a 360 with the 65 nim chip so this overheating stops being an issue

8. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I'm playing this shit til it dies.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Shine on, you crazy diamond, you...

10. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

lomo, If i were yu, I'd buy a year warranty on the box you are getting

11. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

The year warranty is standard now. I had to pay $139 for my first replacement but I was later reimbursed when they extended the warranty. This next one is also a freebie. Odds are good that I'll also have to replace this one inside one year so a warranty beyond that doesn't seem practical.

12. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

He is getting a gently used one, at a steal of a deal. it's worth the extended warranty. My warranty runs out Dec. 27th on my 360, and April something on the elite. I havent heard any horror stories about the elite. When I update the warranty in December, I am going to sell it to a friend, or give it to a family member. Now the warranty is through Gamestop. I can just carry it to the gamestop, and they will give me a replacement on the spot. It's not a bad deal, and they copy hard drives while you wait.I do get a better deal than regular customers because of my "developer discount" but thats on hardware, and used titles, and equipment. I do get game informer for free, and thats an awesome magazine.

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I will agree on the gameinformer. We are on 360 number 3. The first one killed a R6Vegas disc, the second overheated, we bought that crappy 'intercooler' that makes you think the dang thing is about to take off. Im thinking about getting one of those laptop 'cooler' that you set the laptop on top of and try that. If I find a busted up one somewhere I will hack that piece of crap and put it all on a PC. Then move to China and sell them beetches like hotcakes.

14. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Yeah the intercooler does sound like a busted up chainsaw

15. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Transformers put the overheat on this one.

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The movie did that?

:)

You dont have it set up on a surge protector or nothing? I have mine on an APC UPS, nah, just kidding, its on one of those 25kilajoules deals.

17. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I think he means the video game, I didn't think the graphics were that intense, but i'm sure it's a shitty coding company that dosent give a fuck about over clocking and frame rates

18. phatboy

phatboy New Member

So the graphics controller of the XBOX doesnt control that? You would think that MS would have some kind of coded threshold to prevent crappy coders from damaging the hardware. Of course if they would make them upgradeable that could help out too, and not limit them to the 'default' case. I think they worry too much about aesthetics (SP?) and not enough on dependability and functionality.

Of course if the warranty is a year, and you keep it 16 months and it fries, you are porbably going to rush out and buy another.

19. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

well, yes and no, it's not hard to get around. And people doing a movie video game don't care if the game is good, they just have a deadline to complete it, so every sqealing 12 year old can cry to mommy to buy it for them. It's like Joe, it's more about the money than the quality, fuck anyone or anything that dares to question the money.

20. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Yeah I picked it up for the easy Achievements. It didn't start acting funny til I got to the last stage of the next to last chapter.

Every time it had to load new bots I could hear the drive start spinning and it wouldn't stop then feel heat coming from the tray.