Ripped fingernail

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Goddamn, talk about pain. What should you do for it? Not the pain. The nail. I got it halfway down and not totally from side-to-side. I cut it as short as I could and put some neosporin on it and a bandaid, actually two bandaids because everytime it barely bumps something it causes me to use profanity. I can deal with some pain, but this shit sucks.

2. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

Ive done that ... it sucks. nothing you can do really... I kept putting injectable lidocaine on mine (not injecting it) ... did not really help the pain it was more a mental thing.

hope it was not your bean flickin finger

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That's funny. My husband always calls it 'flickin' the bean' too. He got it from some comedian.

It was my fault for not keeping my nails short. They only break like that when they get long. I broke it closing a window, nothing erotic or anything.

4. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

With a broken nail like that it usually stops hurting on it's own....after a weeks or so.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It's already toughening up. I took the bandaid off. I also took Lortab but that was for back pain.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Cyanoacrelate. Traditional "Superglue."

I've used it many times when I don't want to pull a 'Rambo' and cauterize a wound, and it always works. Trust me, paint a little bit of that shit on your affected finger, and it'll heal before the glue manages to part ways with your skin (and/or) nail.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

And, for good measure, and to ensure a proper recovery from your life-threatening ailment, you should FedEx me any remaining Lortabs you have in your possession. Again, trust me on this one. ;)

8. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

do have ghetto nails? I did when I was pro dom, it cracks me up when I see a teenage black girl working at McDonalds with long fabulous nails... with a diamond on each tip. How is hell do they afford it ? I know when I had long hooker nails I spent about 120-150 a month (with pedicures) ... and I never paid to have the rhinestones glued on.

my nails suck now, short and sometimes stained with betadine.. so it looks like I am a heavy smoker.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

No. I'm just sickly and my nails are weak and break easily. They weren't hooker long or anything. I call them long when I can see them when I look at my palm. From now on, I'm cutting them skin level.

10. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I bite off all my nails. The toes are the toughest. I'm not as limber anymore.