My new musical instrument

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nauseous, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I am getting an Appalachian Dulcimer. Hopefully I can stick to learning this. I have two guitars, a keyboard and a harmonica that I didn't stick to. I even tried the drums and realized that they are a lot harder than I thought.

So the dulcimer will have three strings. It'll still be hard to play but I love their sound and I can't wait to get it.

I found a guy online who makes them and sells them for a good price using real wood and not that plywood junk I kept finding on amazon and musician's friend.

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Just think, this could be ME!!!

3. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I hope you will wear better shoes.

I got a huge sitar one time at a flea market... never learned to play it...

I got huge cello at a yard sale not to long ago ... um I forgot about it till just now... it is still in my grandma's basement. oh and I never learned to play it.

I have no musical talent... cept playin the skin flute aka meat whistle

come to think of it...I have no artistic talent what so ever... or any damn talent. I am a worthless talentless bastard . :frown:

hey you also sang in a choir...right? you can record a youtube video... singing and playing your... whatever it is , I forgot the name already... I am glad you posted a pic, so I would not have to google it.. I have never herd of a ....um ....thing you just got .

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Likes fast cars, and Ford Bronco trucks, not afraid of guns, lives in the sticks, enjoys nature, and not so snooty as to be above enjoying Appalachian blue grass sounds?

:redface: Shucks Pukey we should have met 20 years ago. But then again you would have been what? 13?

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, the shoes were my whole reason for posting the picture.

I have no vocal range.

I am talentless too. I can't do anything, but at least we admit it. The people who suck are the ones that act like they do when they don't.

6. GAS

GAS New Member

I've been wanting to learn how to play the piano recently for some reason. No idea why, I'm just diggin it lately.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I would have been 11. :eek:

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Bluegrass is in my blood. My people are from Appalachia, except the one from Muscatine, Iowa. Dunno where he came from.

My grandparents were in a band here back in the late 30's and they were kind of a big deal. They played on the local radio station over 1800 consecutive broadcasts.

I keep thinking that some type of musical abilty should come from that side of the family, but so far, nada. I don't have patience to learn, but I am hoping that the dulcimer will break me of that.

9. Zoop

Zoop New Member

Must get myself a penny whistle, although it will cost a hell of a lot of money nowadays and should be renamed the $20 whistle, truthfully I did by a set of Blues Harps a few months ago, the old set I had got very smelly :p

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I still haven't got the damn thing. I was going to give it to myself for my birthday but didn't.

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Damn... We just had one in last week's auction, too.

I didn't look at it closely, but I think it was made out of thin layers of plywood like the cheap ones you mention.

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I had a dream that I bought one last night. There were a few and I picked a small one that sounded nice but hurt my ears, thinking it was the cheapest. I checked out with my debit card and didn't look at the price... just thought it was super cheap. Then I got home and looked at the receipt and it was 695 bucks, so I took it back.

13. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I will keep an eye out, check craigslist and ebay.