70's Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nauseous, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I like me some 70's music as well... Gordon Lightfoot, Bread, Alan Parson's Project. I'll have to compile up my 70's songs.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Gordon Lightfoot - The ballad of the Edmund Fitzgerald (I think it is ballad) and Creeping Round my Back Door - pretty good songs.

I was born in late 74, so the 70s are pretty much a blur. The older music I listen to, I aint really sure if it was 70s or 60s.

CCR
    Elton John(yea, he may be queer but he made some good music)
    Skynrd (if you live in the south and go to a concert, someone will yell out 'Freebird')
    Hank Jr.
    Golden Earing

So many one hit wonders.

3. improtected

improtected New Member

pretty much anything that was on dazed and confused except for that stupid love hurts song.. but stranglehold was awesome.

gotta love the part where the geeky redhead girl says “The fifties were boring. The sixties rocked. And the seventies—oh, my God, they obviously suck. Come on! Maybe the eighties will be radical.”

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you're right, thats absolutely wonderful!

5. improtected

improtected New Member

gosh, dwaine, you have such a light, gentle, uplifting spirit. you remind me of... puppy dogs in spring.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Just dont misspell his name, or say you drink carona with lime. That really erks him.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

dazed and confused - Awsome movie only crappy song was "Schools Out of Summer" I always thought of Alice Cooper as 5 percent talent and 95 percent gimmick. Yeah and the fact that the red head used the word "radical" ...hell she would have been the one to coin the term. And we thought it was the valley chicks.

I have the "Singers and Song Writers" collection from the 70's So I have most every one of the good ballads like Gordon Lightfoot, Bread, etc. The cool thing about 70's and 80's is you can save a lot of money buying the big cd sets. The bad part is it usually it still missing that crucial song you never can remember the name of and was hoping would be in the set.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I download shit from Musicmatch sometimes.

I like:

JD Souther - Only Lonely
    Firefall - Just Remember I Love You and a couple of others
    I LOVE America... too many songs to mention.
    I LOVE Styx... too many songs to mention.
    Blondie's Eat to The Beat album was great.
    Jerry Rafferty - Baker Street
    Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue (always thought a bitch sang that song)
    Paul McCartney - Jet
    Various Jim Croce
    Various Don McLean
    Dave Mason - We Just Disagree
    Steve Forbert - Romeo's Tune
    Various ELO (Electric Light Orchestra)
    Bob Welch - Sentimental Lady
    Michael Martin Murphey - Wildfire
    Al Stewart - Year of the Cat
    Bob Seger - Against the Wind, Night Moves
    Simon & Garfunkel various songs
    The Clash - London Calling
    Lou Reed - Perfect Day
    Blue Oyster Cult- albums, Agents of Fortune, Some Enchanted Evening
    The Doors- too many to mention
    Hollies -Air That I Breathe
    Donavan - Season of the Witch
    Cheap Trick - Surrender
    DEVO 70's and 80's.. too many to mention
    Badfinger - Day after Day (that guy hung himself)
    Randy VanWarmer's - Just When I Needed You Most
    Various Lynyrd Skynyrd (not Free Bird.. Tuesday's Gone is their best!)
    Various Bad Company
    Various Deep Purple
    Various Guess Who
    Various Pink Floyd

nothing by Led Zeppelin :)

I think some of the stuff I mentioned was 60's...

I had Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Street Survivors" with the original cover that they quit making after they died in the plane crash. Well, it was my dad's. I think they died the year I was born. Did anyone hear that song by Johnny Van Zant "Brickyard Road" for his brother? It's pretty sad.

9. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I guess I'll take shit from the haters but in the 70's it was all about KISS for me. I saw them in '79 with the original lineup and again in 1996 with the same lineup and show (I wept). When I saw them in 2000, it was getting old (God knows they were.)